• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WOW! LV

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
I'm not going to post the link unless I'm asked cause admin might take it the wrong way..... but Josh has a LV he just added guys,,,, he's claiming full gen construction for $168.00 ,,,,,,most of you guys knows what this means as it relates to the TC LV...WOW! this is potentially a BOMBSHELL!

mitchbaria

15/10/12
I tell you what I'll post the link over at RWG.bz where this first popped up and you can find it from there.... I just don't want to get in trouble..... http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=55786&st=0 ,,,,this way i can't be accused of advertising for the cartel as they're not TD's here and that's not the intent of this thread.....

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Every one knows you are a good dude Mitch.

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk

D

d4m.test

The case looks good, but something about it doesn't look right. The date font? Date window size? The indices with either too little lume inside or too much metal outside? Same with the pearl?

Or maybe I've been looking at way too many reps. lol.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
lol as it turns out,,,I am a "food" dude... lol,,,,,but just the same..... This is tricky not to have admin upset as the cartel is a touchy subject..... :cheers: but this really needs to be looked at as if it's true it will effect the value of our TCs....

mitchbaria

15/10/12
well without picking it apart.... i think the real issue is if it's really gen construction....we can pick it apart later,,, but swapping a dial or dwo or whatever is really insignificant....

D

d4m.test

Gen M-Serial
IMG_9650_zps35508522.jpg

Perfect Clones M-Serial
ri5c.jpg

Besides the crown guards and case construction, this looks way off to me. Maybe a real Rolex expert can chime in, because I could be talking out of my ass.

well without picking it apart.... i think the real issue is if it's really gen construction....we can pick it apart later,,, but swapping a dial or dwo or whatever is really insignificant....

Looks like it's the Dial, Hands, DWO, and maybe Crown/Tube. I don't think you TC owners have to worry. That date window and date font looks BRUTAL to me.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
no offense BR....this isn't about little nuances,,,,, it's ALL about the CASE CONSTRUCTION and the ability of this watch to accept gen parts......if it's in fact gen construction, it'll be the first we've seen at this price or even close.....a gen case LV cannot be purchase anywhere for under 500bucks....

D

d4m.test

no offense BR....this isn't about little nuances,,,,, it's about the case construction and the ability of this watch to accept gen parts......if it's in fact gen construction, it'll be the first we've seen at this price or even close.....

No offense taken, but the crown and tube look pretty crappy, and who knows what the crystal is like.

The A2836 version is actually $248, which is more than as much as a TC caseset costs. If you go with the 21J version for $168, you're still going to have to get a better crown/tube, which brings you pretty close to a TC caseset costs again.

I think you should be more worried about TC's $475 LV with clone movement than you should about the cartel watch. Don't get me wrong, I love that there's a cheap option out there and I don't own a TC watch. I just don't trust the cartel's claims of 1:1 genuine construction and interchangeability.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
true that! i don't trust it either,,,, I'm real anxious to see,,,, I own 4 TC's and 4 wm9s...it's all about case construction and a cheap option will be nice..... it looks like maybe BP and that will make it easily available through all the dealers..... and also it may be v1 work could be improved..... but all speculation at this point...

Minkman

17/1/13
No offense taken, but the crown and tube look pretty crappy, and who knows what the crystal is like.

The A2836 version is actually $248, which is more than as much as a TC caseset costs. If you go with the 21J version for $168, you're still going to have to get a better crown/tube, which brings you pretty close to a TC caseset costs again.

I think you should be more worried about TC's $475 LV with clone movement than you should about the cartel watch. Don't get me wrong, I love that there's a cheap option out there and I don't own a TC watch. I just don't trust the cartel's claims of 1:1 genuine construction and interchangeability.

Why ? I'm about to order the Swiss ..

D

d4m.test

Why ? I'm about to order the Swiss ..

I wouldn't trust this as a high end rep as it is. With the potentially high end case, at best it has potential for a cheap nice build. I still think the dial and date are really bad looking. Maybe even the hands and crown too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
F it! I am going back to AP's! LOL!!

mitchbaria

15/10/12
to me.... the lume on the hands is wrong.... the I can't see the dw so have no way of knowing about that.... the insert looks good and the cg's look good. the dial has some problems that I'd know and BR knows but alot of people would not..... the case looks spot on and bezel looks good but if it's not gen assembly i wouldn't give it a second look,,,, if it is as claimed it's worth what josh is asking and more if we're to judge by what gen case subs sell for.....also if this is a bp watch we can expect it to get better as we've seen with the SD. and the insert while not gen,,,, looks better then any current ones available. I will wait to see someone buy this watch and break down the bezel if it's gen construction I'll have three!

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
This is the same wokky case with press in crystal as the LN josh and Andrew posted a few weeks ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2