• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

rolex daytona 7750 movt running VERY slow.

keivoc123

Known Member
23/3/13
I bought this rolex daytona from tony at asian7750, and it looks remarkable. Set the time and noticed throughout the day it would be a few minutes off. kept setting it a couple minutes ahead and then half an hour later it would be behind again. Im bringing it to a local watchsmith to get it serviced today, but does anyone have any ideas why it could be running so slow?

keivoc123

Known Member
23/3/13
Just realized that it might not be running slow after all, but stopping entirely. i caught the second hand not moving and had to give it a shake to get it going. I winded it a little bit, and shook it some more and it still stops after being left alone for a few minutes.

keivoc123

Known Member
23/3/13
i went to 3 places today and each said they would charge $200 to fix the seconds hand that keeps stopping. None would tell me whats really wrong with it either...From what i can tell, when the watch goes to the 30 sec part of the seconds dial, it sometimes gets stuck and requires a shaking to get it going again and may get stuck at 30 seconds again in about 5 minutes or so. Any ideas? do i need to send it back and replace it?

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
Movement is a piece of rubbish. It's all luck of the draw. Pot luck 7750.

I've had movements last a year or so. Others not even a few months.

Save your money and buy another watch or pay double to get it modded.

Most watchsmiths hate this movement because when it comes out of Asia it's full of rubbish. Unclean cheap parts and no care taken in the assembly. Then again what can expect out of a watch factory sweat shop.

One thing for sure it's frustrating and expensive. In the long run you will end up choosing another movement to wear.

Good Luck.

TastyTreats

tanweekiat

I'm Pretty Popular
26/3/12
ru4a6asu.jpg
usuzu5uq.jpg

Or opt for a Daytona with secs @ 9 movement.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
I don't understand, why the heck people still buy sec@6???

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
If you're willing to possibly lose the money they are pretty sharp looking

yrupyta3.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have one that I got from Trevor last summer. For $160 I was willing to take a chance. This one has been awesome. Keeps great time and runs lie a champ. I would just get a new one from Trevor for around $170 if you love it. I don't think local watchsmith is prepared to tackle the sec@6 issue. At best, they'll get it running again but no permanent fix. If you want it done right and are willing to spend some money, Domi is your guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tanweekiat

I'm Pretty Popular
26/3/12
For all these hassle, best to stay away from secs @ 6 movement. Been holding on my trigger for IWC 3714 due to the same reason

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Sec@6 Daytona

I had problems with a sec@6 Daytona, had it serviced, and ended up wasting $200.00 on my very expensive "paperweight",LOL....:realmad: :nuke1: :trainwreck:

Hattrick

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/13
FWIW....I have 3 Daytonas. All sec @ 6 and have had not one problem with any of them.

keivoc123

Known Member
23/3/13
Well, someone took it off my hands for $200, even though it was broken :p so i bought tony's crazy special Breitling chrono avenger with sec @9 so hopefully itll be OK

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Well, someone took it off my hands for $200, even though it was broken :p so i bought tony's crazy special Breitling chrono avenger with sec @9 so hopefully itll be OK

Good move (and good luck!)..:cheers: