• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Poor disclosure on sale

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
I just received a watch with issues that were not disclosed.
  • The date changes at 6:45 - a simple enough fix but I would risk damaging the dial or the hands if I mess up.
  • The bezel does not align at anywhere near 12 (although in the pictures it appeared to because it must have been at half a click)
  • The crown is hard as shit to screw in
I contacted the seller, so I will not post the sale, but for a fairly expensive rep, where it says "mint condition" and no mechanical issues were mentioned, this does not seem right.

The effed up thing is that he has almost 40 sales reviews.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
OOOMY I hope you get things sorted out my friend!!
I hope it don't go into drama mode!!

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
That and the person who asked me to hold the CRPO seems to have flaked. Bad watch day.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
That and the person who asked me to hold the CRPO seems to have flaked. Bad watch day.

I might just know who you are talking about! But that is upsetting to get a watch that don't work properly. Did he state any kind of warranty? I wish you the best! I really hate to see these thing happen!:facepalm:

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Why not discuss this first with the mods before making this public? This way you have ruined the chances to settle this gracefully without anyone losing face.

Submit a ticket to get this solved.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
There is no connection to me on the sales thread and I am not going to say who it is.

I was just getting opinions and venting.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
These kind of issues really irk me and I'd be pissed if I was in your position, however, if the seller is new to reps and truthfully didn't notice these problems (I've never seen the date change on one of my watches, only when I've been moving the hands) you should be able to reach a mutually agreeable solution.

I don't see an issue with raising this without names or links to the sale as otherwise, how will someone know what are and aren't perceived as issues when selling? If someone has a watch which is exactly as they got it from the TD, "mint condition" is appropriate, however, it could still has prexisting issues which should really be disclosed.

I wish you both luck, and hope this was just a miscommunication.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
The seller is not new to reps. Got his answer... if I wanted a perfect watch I should buy a gen.

kingkaiser

18/8/08
The seller is not new to reps. Got his answer... if I wanted a perfect watch I should buy a gen.

Yeah, been in a similar situation. Problem is if they have thousands of posts they know you will get beat up for complaining about them. I had to eat my loss and have my watch repaired at my expense because the sellers definition of mint excluded the bloody movement working properly.

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09

That's such a scumbag answer. For him to say that he was dishonest in his listing. Contact a mod and Send it back. Let the seller re-list the watch and the mods make high highlite the problems. That's not right.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
Well to fully disclose on my part he said he did not notice these issues. Then said the "get a gen" comment.

sgtguk

Known Member
8/7/12
Doesn't matter how many posts or indeed how many reviews he has on here you shouldn't get anyone abusing you for voicing your opinions on this crappy purchase, seller should have disclosed any issues to you, simple. Ask him to sort it out mate if not contact mods. Good luck.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Just hate hearing these kind of thing..... this is far from noob issues,,,,, I agree with the Dr. get the mods in it and I'm sure they'll reign him in.....the sellers just a little too comfortable, me thinks...

mitchbaria

15/10/12
I want to add something to this..I've got a friend here who bought a watch with much similar circumstances and much similar response from the seller, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same seller...I'd like to offer up a small piece of free advise to the seller...remember luckily these guys raising issues aren't noobs, that's why there hasn't been a huge stink. Sometimes just acknowledging that you may have made a mistake and offering an apology and twenty bucks or something would go a long way to keeping everyone happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Im having an similar issue with my M2M purchase on the other rep forum, still waiting for seller to respond to my PM...
I think I should just buy new from now on..

mitchbaria

15/10/12
That's certainly an option but at the present I've got a watch that was purchased new and was damaged therefore I sent it back and the dealer hasn't been responding to my pm's so it's a gamble no matter what you do. I just think members especially senior members should treat fellow members like they like to be treated....they(we)should set the example for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Well to fully disclose on my part he said he did not notice these issues. Then said the "get a gen" comment.

That's crap.

Anyone who's ever set a watch would definitely notice when the date flips over. Flipping at 11:30 or 12:30 might not be noticeably if turning the crown quickly, but 6:45 is utter crap.

Crown screwing in tough might be subjective and based on opinion.

Bezel not being centered could also be based on opinion as well. Without seeing the pictures, if it was centered in the pics I'd say it could just be the camera angle. If it's a head on shot, then the seller knowingly positioned it at a precarious half click for the shot. Scum.

I'd return it for the date issue alone.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I can only say what I would do if I was the seller. Offer a refund.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
There is no connection to me on the sales thread and I am not going to say who it is.

I was just getting opinions and venting.

Post the sales thread and let us all have a look, if not then don't bother posting your story.