• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot seriously needs to do their own designs

Kactus

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/3/13
Leaving aside the fact that they keep producing the same old watch just changing this an that on it, call it a special edition and then on to the next one. Recently I noticed they started putting hornback straps on their watches just like AP has been doing for ages and now this? Seriously? If I was Richard Mille I would be majorly pissed

Hublot Senna Tourbillon:
7087_10151683569446535_894545034_n.jpg

Richard Mille Rafa Nadal RN27 Tourbillon
RM027_front2_jpg.jpg

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Beat me to this, I just saw this a few minutes ago and thought the exact same thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
Abit of the 017 too.
Who blows!

Sent from my Bezel using 116610

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Leaving aside the fact that they keep producing the same old watch just changing this an that on it, call it a special edition and then on to the next one. Recently I noticed they started putting hornback straps on their watches just like AP has been doing for ages and now this? Seriously? If I was Richard Mille I would be majorly pissed

Hublot Senna Tourbillon:
7087_10151683569446535_894545034_n.jpg

Richard Mille Rafa Nadal RN27 Tourbillon
RM027_front2_jpg.jpg

That's not good. They need to be more creative.

martijnp

Renowned Member
23/4/13
I think that they're doing well with the Big Bang series, don't change the winning team :)

Geuff

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/5/13
I thought Hublot is a legit rep brand ? :)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
So many patents in Swiss watchmaking industry have expired, and the designers have stolen and re-stolen other designers' ideas so many times, the originality is just fading away, along with the justification for the prices.

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
Real progress. They've gone from being an AP wannabe to being a Richard Mille wannabe.

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
I don't know what you're talking about, the Hublot looks nothing like that RM, compared to the clean design of the RM that Who-blow is a complete mess.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
whats next? PP wanna be?
Hublot have always had their own DNA, the recent big bang versions have done well because of their innovative designs. AP's have an octagonal shape while with Hublot's it's a porthole so they are different. Hublot had a lot of firsts which included first luxury watch with a rubber strap on a solid gold watch, their own reliable in house mechanisms and so on . Even of recent a lot of new brands have started to use the AP and Hublot designs and materials which is bound to happen to any good brand. To be honest, that watch looks similar to the Richard Mille piece and I think they should have stuck to their DNA but that does not mean they are not creative and one of the best luxury watch brands out there.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Hublot have always had their own DNA, the recent big bang versions have done well because of their innovative designs. AP's have an octagonal shape while with Hublot's it's a porthole so they are different. Hublot had a lot of firsts which included first luxury watch with a rubber strap on a solid gold watch, their own reliable in house mechanisms and so on . Even of recent a lot of new brands have started to use the AP and Hublot designs and materials which is bound to happen to any good brand. To be honest, that watch looks similar to the Richard Mille piece and I think they should have stuck to their DNA but that does not mean they are not creative and one of the best luxury watch brands out there.

That there is a damn fine point sir! ;)

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12

+1

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Nothing too classy about Richard Mille either, despite the bullshit and reverence he gets.

Original maybe, and great technical works, but still just more tastless fashion watches (pretty much like hublot!) only with a 6 figure price tag to pander to those with even more money than sense than the usual folk.

Fair play to him.

Richard-Mille-Panda.jpg

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
I love watches,,,all kinds....but I just can't make myself like these.... :cheers:

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Shame Hublot do this as they are constanty accused of just ripping off other brands but they have their own unique look esp with the Big bangs, which don't look like the ROOs at all imho, and this just reinforces that view.