• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega v5 PO DG4813

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Hey guys!
What can You tell about 5GPO with DG4813 movt? I've read here that it won't accept gen hands and dial, but I think I won't franken it with dial and hands. I've also done a research, but didn't found anything really helpful. I've read that I can't go wrong with it and it can be a good working horse, but I'd to know advantages and disadvantages of it. What about gen crown and tube? Another datewheel font isn't a problem, I can replace it to ETA one. I've also read that hands are too close to dial, is it true?

Thank You and have a nice day!

jotun0881

Looking Around
21/12/12
I have one and it looks amazing. Doesn't keep great time though. It always runs fast.

During one month of use, first it went fast a few mins / week, then (after readjusting) it went fast 4-5 minutes every 2 days, then after readjusting again it seems to keep better time.

It's also tricky to change the time, in the sense that sometime the second & the minute hands move together, the movement won't start, sometimes it just stops and you have to rewind, etc.

All in all, useable but with caveats.

I just recently bought a gen Omega 300M so probably will never find out how the 4813 performs in time (>2 months).

Cheers

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
I have one and it looks amazing. Doesn't keep great time though. It always runs fast.

During one month of use, first it went fast a few mins / week, then (after readjusting) it went fast 4-5 minutes every 2 days, then after readjusting again it seems to keep better time.

It's also tricky to change the time, in the sense that sometime the second & the minute hands move together, the movement won't start, sometimes it just stops and you have to rewind, etc.

All in all, useable but with caveats.

I just recently bought a gen Omega 300M so probably will never find out how the 4813 performs in time (>2 months).

Cheers

It's a pity:deadcb:! But Trevor said (not now) that he had more problems (customer returns) with ETA clones, and no problems with DG. But it was earlier...So is it better to go with ETA clone?

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
I have the DG. It's awesome but doesn't accept gen parts.

Just get a sunny crystal for it.

The crown and tube feel a little grainy, but I get a solid 8 turns or so screwing it down. I think all versions are as bad and it will take a gen crown and tube (I think - not sure about the stem thread with the crown)

I love it for $140.

Lume is good, mine keeps good enough time +15 seconds or so a day without me regulating it. Datefont is also good on mine with the flat topped 4's etc.

For a cheap watch I have had lots of compliments. Someone at work who wears and omega thought it was real.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
I have the DG. It's awesome but doesn't accept gen parts.

Just get a sunny crystal for it.

The crown and tube feel a little grainy, but I get a solid 8 turns or so screwing it down. I think all versions are as bad and it will take a gen crown and tube (I think - not sure about the stem thread with the crown)

I love it for $140.

Lume is good, mine keeps good enough time +15 seconds or so a day without me regulating it. Datefont is also good on mine with the flat topped 4's etc.

For a cheap watch I have had lots of compliments. Someone at work who wears and omega thought it was real.
So it doesn't accept ALL gen parts? I've read that it doesn't accept only gen dial and hands.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2