• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lazy Dealers

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Posting sales without pictures of the watches you are offering? Is this a new trend? Can we get away with it in membership sales threads?
Seriously, even if the pictures are posted elsewhere, or in another thread, or even in the sellers photobucket, could they take the time to post a picture in the sales thread at the very least?
Out of control.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Photo bucket's getting right on my tits.

Me three

null-17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????

D

d4m.test

Meh. I don't get QC pics from Sead either. His prices are low, and therefore the service (before a sale) is low. I think he loses a lot of noob sales this way, but he probably doesn't mind.

The pictures are required in member sales because of scammers. I don't think trusted dealers need pictures to verify that they're not scammers.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Meh. I don't get QC pics from Sead either. His prices are low, and therefore the service (before a sale) is low. I think he loses a lot of noob sales this way, but he probably doesn't mind.

The pictures are required in member sales because of scammers. I don't think trusted dealers need pictures to verify that they're not scammers.
We've had a bunch of trusted dealers turn scammers. They should follow the same rules we all do...Just my 2.

D

d4m.test

We've had a bunch of trusted dealers turn scammers. They should follow the same rules we all do...Just my 2.

Fair point, but pictures won't make a difference if that's the case

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

D

d4m.test

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I'm in two minds on this. If the watch is well known i.e. Noob PAM 111v3, UPO, etc., I'm not sure that another picture from the TD adds anything; it isn't as if the picture of the watch they post will actually be the one you get, that is what QC pics are for after all. However, if it is a less known model or claiming to be a recent update, then is anyone going to take the plunge without pics? I'd say in that case it is in their interest to put up some pics.

Perhaps they're as bad as me with a camera! Any QC pics I took would have you running for the hills even if the watch is perfect.

Sead is my go to dealer, I've bought all my vintage watches from him without specifying the maker or asking for QC pics, I'm going to mod them anyway so what does it matter? The last watch I bought I asked him to check a certain feature on it and he sent me some pics to confirm.

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Here's my thoughts and they're not worth much so let me make it:) I'm of the thought that if a dealer does something that hurts his sales bad enough then they'll change it! If Sead isn't getting the business he wants because Ryan now has a pretty website then he'll (Sead) get one too.... and so on,,,,, I hate to plug for the free market because it shouldn't apply to health, food, or public service, but for luxury items absolutely!

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07

You start letting stuff slide it makes a difference.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
QC pictures before any sale..........

If members are required to post a piece of paper with their name AND date while attempting to sell any rep here at RWI, then why should not ALL the trusted dealers too? They could very well have "stock" pictures from last year to send to a buyer! The name of the supposed watch buyer AND the present date should remove any questions that "that" is THE watch you gonna get. Allowing it to slide once in a while is kinda not a good way to go when you're shelling out at least a hundred or couple of hundred bucks for something. It ain't cheap candy or trinkets we are buying after all. Would make everybody feel at ease. Just my two cents here, but something to ponder and think about in my honest opinion. :cheers:

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I, for one, appreciate the pics of a watch before I buy it....could they scam me with the pics? Sure, but it hasn't happened yet ...

beer30

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/9/12
I've noticed they can be a bit lazy too. I asked a dealer to source 1 of 2 watches for me like a week ago. One was a simple DJ. I've not heard a peep about them.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Guys, you, probably, have no any idea, how busy dealers are, especially these who don't have staff. Hundreds of emails every day (literally - hundreds!!!), mostly with idiotic questions, some with orders, and they must to answer to most of customers (reputation!!!), then every day trips to Watch Market to the factories offices, and it's a long way to drive, then packing, then trip to EMS or China Mail post office, and many, many more things, that they do every faking day. I wouldn't want such a life even for a million dollars.