• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PROJECT: Call me Egyptian 1956 (Sweedish army)

ice_gee

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/5/09
Hello Gents, :thumbup:

it's time..for another egi, for another army project,but this time Sweedish. Why? leather and that smell of the past!

ok,lets go to the details. First of all i'd like to thank you for these guys! without them,this project won't be here on my wrist:

Elias Livadaris - for an amazing sandblasting and case aging service (i believe it was practice) :lol: ,for friendship and great member :thumbup:
slpf (Sigi) - for professionalism, for operative work and a great person! :thumbup:
Kpoy (Alex) - who made amazing looking plexi :thumbup:

these guys deserves more than thank you!

About the project:
- Case - Started as DSN 52mm egi case.
- Case firstly was modded by these steps: custom made brass tube, custom made brass CG pin, drilled 2mm lugs and custom made 2mm screws
- Then it was engraved on both lugs, on caseback and on CG ( No. 3 matches prototype No.), that was the idea.
- Case was sandblasted and aged. Achieved amazing results in my opinion,no doubt!
- Custom made 6mm front plexi with rounded edges which gives unique look. It wasn't a plan to age plexi because of dial.

- Dial - very last southy RP with bold and deep engravings. Planned to put in my Rolerai,but this case just asked for it!! Really unique dial, 3pcs dial look, amazing lume, unique color (achieved this on 11th time :silent: ) 3 colors, polished,brushed, aged with Tamya and green tea :D

- Hands - Athaya's tall tube curved Angelus style hands. Heavy aged with egg,fire,tea and Tamya. Relumed. CP ilumination was made.

- Strap - Genuine Sweedish army from WW2. Tons of work on that but strap speaks for itself :)

- Buckle - my favorite Xmax bronze (reshaped, aged, additionally engraved), made by R. Kobalia.

Now please enjoy the show :clap:

civic4982

Renowned Member
11/9/11
So many wonderful details I don't even know where to start.

You're getting better and better at this Akvanautus!

barneyp

Horology Curious
4/5/13
But X Mas existed only during II WW: at the time of egiziano the unit had been disbanded ten years before.
and the use of X mas symbols was prohibited in Italian Navy after 8.09.1943.

The watch is very fine, but the buckle is storically incorrect

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Work of art indeed. Stunning piece, awesome photos. Well done mate.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
I couldn't wear it (curse my spindly wrist!) but as an artistic creation I think this is fantastic.

Lush, powerful, sexy. Very impressive.

:notworthy:

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
It looks like blue lume.... please don't tell me you went with blue over green!

Other than that, this is glorious, incredible, awesome, fantastic, amazing, sexy... wooooooooooow.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
But X Mas existed only during II WW: at the time of egiziano the unit had been disbanded ten years before.
and the use of X mas symbols was prohibited in Italian Navy after 8.09.1943.

The watch is very fine, but the buckle is storically incorrect

Maybe the best first post this year..........:cheese:

ice_gee

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/5/09
It looks like blue lume.... please don't tell me you went with blue over green!

Other than that, this is glorious, incredible, awesome, fantastic, amazing, sexy... wooooooooooow.

thanks guys :)

lume is green..just lightning effect probably.