• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Screws missing? And a swan neck question

thecoffeeboss

Horology Curious
13/3/13
Hi all,

My RWI TD sent me the qc pics for the PAM217 Noob edition.

To me out looks like screws are missing, and there is something not right with the Swan neck and dagger.

Could someone please pass their eye over this for me?

Thanks in advance. I have also attached a picture of what the movement should look like with the screw in place.

D

d4m.test

I don't think you have any screws missing, but your swan neck screw is extremely short and not even close to touching the dagger. I think your movement is also a destro movement since your engraving is upside down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hazz37

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/4/12
screws missing from where, need a better pic, no line of light, swan neck and dagger look fine

thecoffeeboss

Horology Curious
13/3/13
Correct, it's the 217 destro.

I agree, I need a photo without the line of reflected light.

ok, I've added a pic to the first post with the issues highlighted, and a stock photo to show what it should look like.

To me, there is definitely a screw missing from the swan neck.

thecoffeeboss

Horology Curious
13/3/13
Thanks for your help.

At this point I have sent these pics to the TD. He hasn't replied yet.

Hopefully he will be cooperative. Also, I actually ordered it with brown asso strap, so we'll wait and see what his response is like.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Well he can't send you a watch with a screw missing. I'm sure he will replace it.

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
Do yourself a favor, when ordering a watch do not let on to certain TD that you are a noob. Learn the lesson the hard way myself.

thecoffeeboss

Horology Curious
13/3/13
No Noob here, just a quiet forum lurker. Had reps for a long time.

I can't see how from an online order a TD could think you were a Noob. But it should be the Noobs who get looked after anyway, as they will buy again and have a measure of loyalty to their first TD who gave them a good experience.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
You're missing a screw on the swan neck and looks to be a jewel missing (not a screw) at the bottom portion of your pic. The short micrometer screw is a common issue. Your TD should clear the issues before sending a new set of pictures and shipping it with your approval.

mrfog

Renowned Member
28/10/12
You're missing a screw on the swan neck and looks to be a jewel missing (not a screw) at the bottom portion of your pic. The short micrometer screw is a common issue. Your TD should clear the issues before sending a new set of pictures and shipping it with your approval.

Agreed. It's not an acceptable piece. Ask for another.

thecoffeeboss

Horology Curious
13/3/13
He has rectified it (put a new screw in) and sent QC pics. It looks good!

Can't wait for my first Pam!

Thanks for your help everyone!