• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any Good 14790ST (36mm Royal Oaks)?

pallan

11/1/11
I'm looking to get a [blue] 36mm RO rep. I saw some up on the Puretime site, but it looks like you can only get them with an A2836 these days. Are there any sources that'll sell them with a Swiss ETA, or even an A2892? And are all sources of this RO basically the same, or are there a couple different factories making them?

Thanks everyone

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
There's, practically not much difference between swiss and asian ETA.
A2892 is too thin for this watch.
And... 36mm??? What, you have 4" wrist?

Felixle7

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/4/11
Even with a big wrist 36mm is the classy choice. Big watches are for big proles though...

pallan

11/1/11
I've had some build quality problems with the A2836 and sometimes the parts look like they weren't stamped out properly. And I prefer the look of the 36mm version of the RO, especially the closed case back. It looks good on most wrist sizes.

There's, practically not much difference between swiss and asian ETA.
A2892 is too thin for this watch.
And... 36mm??? What, you have 4" wrist?

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
I am interested as well. Closed caseback is always better for replicas

wild05kid05

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/1/11
Gen exists in blue dial (square window), black and white don't. White and black reps are inaccurate in that regard.
Only blue is accurate and the best. Misaligned and uneven bezel hex screws are unavoidable, they are adhered and not connected to case back screws. It's a hit and miss issue so good luck.

KarakDrazh

2/12/12
Some people talk about a new version, but I haven't seen anything about it. Anyone have information?

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
Just a me too comment. I am also interested in information about a new version with some to the obvious stuff corrected and a nice looking leather strap.