• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai PAM389 Luminor Submersible 1950 Amagnetic

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Parnis have the latest panerai ceramic submersible rep :)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I know I have seen this on PC already repped.

Yep, Jandrew have it as well as Angus, although I can't determine why it costs 50$ more on the Twins' websites. Obvious tells, too green lume, wrong datewheel, wrong caseback (why oh why couldn't you put a closed CB on this one), dial font is not patinated and too thin, wrong crown (too thin), wrong lug shape (the bottom is missing that beveled portion at the horns), bezel is too shiny, lume pip is too big, the lines are not engraved, bezel markers are shiny not matte (probably because it's in SS instead of Titanium, another tell).

All of these are easily correctable and hopefully, we might just have at least a first class rep of this soon. :cheers:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Yep, Jandrew have it as well as Angus, although I can't determine why it costs 50$ more on the Twins' websites. Obvious tells, too green lume, wrong datewheel, wrong caseback (why oh why couldn't you put a closed CB on this one), dial font is not patinated and too thin, wrong crown (too thin), wrong lug shape (the bottom is missing that beveled portion at the horns), bezel is too shiny, lume pip is too big, the lines are not engraved, bezel markers are shiny not matte (probably because it's in SS instead of Titanium, another tell).

All of these are easily correctable and hopefully, we might just have at least a first class rep of this soon. :cheers:

I agree completely
Well said mysterio
ALE

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
that was what i was looking for as far as info THANKS GENTLEMEN!!

If they get it close it will be in my box immediately! as it is way wrong and there is closed case back version it is in my pics best way to go by far!!

Step up her Kuvarsit "Mehmet" and build this for us and do it right!!

Maximos

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/7/10
this is a gorgeous watch. deserves more careful attention by the factories for sure.

Simced

3/4/12
Yes this is a nice watch, I have the 243 V2 and I still would buy this one if it came out! An even nicer Submersible Pam IMO is the 508, but I highly doubt we'll ever see a Super Rep of it!

Maximos

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/7/10
the 508 is really something else... wow

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
PAM-2013-05-28-04-02_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-05-28-04-01_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-05-28-04-05_enl.jpg

PAM-2013-05-28-04-07_enl.jpg

http://www.puretime.co/product/pam508-luminor-submersible-amagnetic-pvd-on-black-rubber-strap-a23j/

$268

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
For shit's sake...my 243 is still with VAC...I hope I get it back before I can get my hands on this...

It'll be another 3 months !!

panermaniac

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
25/5/12
China
Does anyone know if one if the other subs' case backs would fit on this?
I know it would still be wrong, but I think it would be better, no?

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
how hard could it be just to build watch with proper case back?

My thoughts on flaws with the reps is this...... I think they don't make much more exact for 2 reasons
1. financial gain!! $$$
2. to keep the companies being repped/ripped from smashing their ongoing trade!!

Just my 2cents worth

Simced

3/4/12
how hard could it be just to build watch with proper case back?

My thoughts on flaws with the reps is this...... I think they don't make much more exact for 2 reasons
1. financial gain!! $$$
2. to keep the companies being repped/ripped from smashing their ongoing trade!!

Just my 2cents worth

I'd thought the same as you before but when you can get some of theses watches as "Super Reps" this theory of yours doesn't apply except for the financial aspect, that I think makes sense!

My 2 cents!