• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP!!! With Genuine Crystal Install

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Well played, at least you saved your money...

Yeah, I was going to be pretty bummed if he did not let me exchange it. I would have literally had a crystal that I could do nothing with.

Very nice of Bob. Sometimes he is a really nice guy. ;)

Fast replies too. Really happy with the way this has turned out so far. Now I hope that I get the correct crystal so I can get my CrPO back.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
UPDATE Crystal should be here tommorow. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it's right this time. If its not I'm going to give up and try to source a sunnydale crystal, because shipping and handling fees are eating me up. Evidently Otto Frei still charges shipping and handling when you return an item. Kinda sucks when it was Omega's screw up in the first place.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Crystal came in. :woot:
Measured it and it's 32.5mm like it should be. Now its off too G so I can finally get my CrPO back.

I will have pictures when it is finished.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Crystal came in. :woot:
Measured it and it's 32.5mm like it should be. Now its off too G so I can finally get my CrPO back.

I will have pictures when it is finished.

YES! Now it is the correct size :) Pics pics pics!

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Sorry will not be no pics, as G does not want to perform the installation anymore. I really wish you was in the U.S. because I would have sent it too you a long time ago.

So... If there are any members that would like to tackle this project please PM me.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
UPDATE:

The CrPO now has a genuine Omega crystal:cheese:. The watch has also been regulated to +3/+4 seconds a day and has been waterproofed to 3ATM.

Interesting note for RWI. If you are going to install a gen crystal don't take it out of the package and look at it before hand. :facepalm: (I did this so I could make sure the crystal was right this time). Crystals should never be opened unless you are doing the install. Let my stupid mistake be a lesson, don't do it.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
UPDATE:

The CrPO now has a genuine Omega crystal:cheese:. The watch has also been regulated to +3/+4 seconds a day and has been waterproofed to 3ATM.

Interesting note for RWI. If you are going to install a gen crystal don't take it out of the package and look at it before hand. :facepalm: (I did this so I could make sure the crystal was right this time). Crystals should never be opened unless you are doing the install. Let my stupid mistake be a lesson, don't do it.

Nice!!! Although, you can tell us how you did clean the crystal..?

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Yippii! So it fits!
Yup, I will have plenty of pictures when it arrives :thumbsup:

Nice!!! Although, you can tell us how you did clean the crystal..?

I did not do the crystal install. G, user name 14060 or 16610?did the install. He said that he used a dozen lens wipes, some Rodico and cellophane tape to clean up the crystal.

All I know is from now on, if I ever get another genuine crystal installed, that dude will stay sealed until it is time to install it!!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Yup, I will have plenty of pictures when it arrives :thumbsup:

I did not do the crystal install. G, user name 14060 or 16610?did the install. He said that he used a dozen lens wipes, some Rodico and cellophane tape to clean up the crystal.

All I know is from now on, if I ever get another genuine crystal installed, that dude will stay sealed until it is time to install it!!

G is the most picky, persistent, meticulous modder I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I have no doubts, this will be top notch.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
G is the best.

..... I would have literally had a crystal that I could do nothing with.... .

ThinkBachs could use it for his avatar.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
G is the most picky, persistent, meticulous modder I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I have no doubts, this will be top notch.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

Yeah, he said that about himself when he was talking about cleaning my crystal. He is the kinda guy that I want working on my watches. Thanks to :cheers: for making him a trusted watchmaker on the forum.

G is the best.

Yes he is. He will be my go to guy for watch repair.