• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fully Vac Modded 3717

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
I finally took receipt of my Vac modded IWC 3717 yesterday. The watch itself is beautiful. Although at 42mm it is a bit smaller than I am used to, it is an awesome all purpose timepiece. Vac completely serviced the movement and lumed the hands. At present, the watch is running about +10sec a day. Not terrible.

As expected, Vac's work is wonderful. The watch is beautiful. My only suggestion to Vac is that he be a little more honest with regarding his turn around time. Those of us that have been around the rep world understand that patience is not a virtue, it's a requirement. So be honest. Don't say two weeks and have your buyer wait more than two months. Just bad form. But in the end, no harm no foul.

Full mods:

AR
Vac superlume
Movement regulated + service
Updated DW

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
Hate to point it out but those hands are gray.

beh443

Banned
3/4/13
Just ordered this same watch from Vac. Here's to hoping I don't run into the same delay issues. Will keep the thread updated to whether it arrives when promised.

Also noticed the hands look a bit off. Could be the angle/camera though?

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
The hands look the same color as the lumed marker, as I would think they should. They look gray compared to the non lumed markers, but I think they are actually greenish.

The rep factory hands are anywhere from white to slate gray and do not necessary match each other. That is why Vac has mine.

phoucku

Banned
15/11/12
But I thought the whole point of having modders work on the hands is to make it more like gen. The hour and minute hand does not even match the sub dial hands. I'm really not trying to talk smack here, I just thought a great modder like Vac will get the color close to gen. I have the latest 3717 V3 that came with awesome lume otb the hands are gray just like this. I planning to send my watch to Goin to lume the hands more white as per gen. See here http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/latest-3717-version-136798

dutchguy2

27/2/11
To me it looks that the hands and the lumed indexes are the same color and have the same lume intensity. What you see in the pictures is the bright luminous they have as they shine a bit greenish under daylight conditions.

I am sure that the C1 that has been used will have a pure white when seen in direct light.

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
To me it looks that the hands and the lumed indexes are the same color and have the same lume intensity. What you see in the pictures is the bright luminous they have as they shine a bit greenish under daylight conditions.

I am sure that the C1 that has been used will have a pure white when seen in direct light.

That was my thought too. I emailed Vac tho... might be able to work out a fix.

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
Lyme shot
FD6FC108-EF03-4612-A396-DEC4F124B4D8-7318-00000621DBB68458_zps4c5e3507.jpg

FiSh_23

Horology Curious
23/6/13
Hi may i know who is Vac? and can i get the watch straight from him?

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
He has a section here. Sometimes he sells finished watches, but most of his work is upgrading what you send him.

blackfw190

Horology Curious
4/4/12
How reliable is the movement? Power reserve ok? I had a 3717 from pure time and had it serviced but the power reserve was still unreliable.