• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new watch has stopped working

Albieee

Known Member
26/3/13
Hi guys,

2 weeks ago I received my Breitling steelfish rep from one of your TDs and I loved it immediately. This morning I went to put it on and I noticed the second hand wasn't moving... at first I though maybe it's run out of juice so I swung it around a little bit to wind the rotor but nothing. :(

Can anyone offer any advice or help?

The movement is Asian ETA 2836-2, it hasn't had any bumps or knocks and has been generally well-looked-after. Thanks in advance, Albert.

rols16610

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/4/12
Hi Mate

Try giving it a quick hand wind to see if that will get it going.

Albieee

Known Member
26/3/13
Hi Rols, thanks for the suggestion, I tried it but still no movement of that second hand!

rols16610

20/4/12
You might need to either send it to a watch smith, could be a simple fix, or contact the TD you purchased it from to see if they can help fix it.

Some of the other guys may have better suggestions.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
uunfortunately these things happen from time to time... did you try giving it a light tap on the palm of your hand? it may be a little piece of trash in the rotor obstructing it.... I'd give it a quick rap or even better take the case back off and use air to gently blow it out.... sending it back to the dealer is never a good option... but if you have to have it repaired you may clear with the dealer and see if he'll discount your next purchase to cover the repairs.... negotiate with him for your best solution without sending it back to China! but try give it a rap first!

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
Wait first get some duct tape make a ball put it on the case back and twist taking the case back off

My rolex explorer II was also stopping I gave it a hard slap in the palm of my hand and the rotor came off. Turns out the screw holding the rotor in place was lose. So dont slap it, this make cause the tiny screw to get lodged somewhere else

Albieee

Known Member
26/3/13
Thanks guys!! I'm at work at the moment but can't wait to get home and give it a tap or two, I will let you know how it goes. Also, I should mention that I did remove the stem to grease the seals, I had a little bit of trouble getting it back in but eventually managed to get it back in there and it was working fine until this morning.

Even though it's been fine for a good few days, is it possible that I could have messed up the movement when I did this?

Thanks again for all the advice I really appreciate it!

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Wait first get some duct tape make a ball put it on the case back and twist taking the case back off

My rolex explorer II was also stopping I gave it a hard slap in the palm of my hand and the rotor came off. Turns out the screw holding the rotor in place was lose. So dont slap it, this make cause the tiny screw to get lodged somewhere else

DAMN IT IGGY! it probably just needed a little love tap....not a freaking beating! Now I'm curious about that S&M style suite on your avatar! :facepalm:

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
DAMN IT IGGY! it probably just needed a little love tap....not a freaking beating! Now I'm curious about that S&M style suite on your avatar! :facepalm:

NO NO NO THE TWO ARE TOTALLY UNRELATED!!

:beatahorse:

:spank:

:rofl:

Albieee

Known Member
26/3/13
I tried giving it a tap, I'm gonna take it apart now.. wish me luck lol

Ilias_t

Known Member
26/4/12
Don't do many things to it. Unless you will find something too obvious, you better take it to a watch-smith. No worries...

Sent from mobile

Albieee

Known Member
26/3/13
I think it's better for you to take it to a watchsmith.

I think I'm gonna go with you on this one, I've got as far as taking the hands off and it's just dawned on me that I've not got the slightest clue what I'm doing. Thanks guys, I'll try and find a decent watchsmith.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Taking the hands off????
Dude - quit right there and let an experienced watch smith look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I think I'm gonna go with you on this one, I've got as far as taking the hands off and it's just dawned on me that I've not got the slightest clue what I'm doing. Thanks guys, I'll try and find a decent watchsmith.

Contact Katt, he can help. [email protected]

He's in the USA

Taking the hands off????
Dude - quit right there and let an experienced watch smith look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2