• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Getting smoke stench out of a rubber strap

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Any ideas guys ? I have an AP rubber strap that smells like a box of Marlboro's. I got a headache wearing it today. Any ideas on how to get the smell out ?

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
Try leaving it in the freezer overnight... Treat it like selvedge denim perhaps? lol

smokiedabong

22/8/12
On new straps I get the chemical smell out by leaving the strap a day or two in a bowl of water placed over a heater to keep the water warm but not to hot. After two days you can see all the nasty chemicals dissolved into water and the smell is gone.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
On new straps I get the chemical smell out by leaving the strap a day or two in a bowl of water placed over a heater to keep the water warm but not to hot. After two days you can see all the nasty chemicals dissolved into water and the smell is gone.

Magic! :ninjagone:

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Any ideas guys ? I have an AP rubber strap that smells like a box of Marlboro's. I got a headache wearing it today. Any ideas on how to get the smell out ?
:popcorn:

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Try scrub it with detergent powder using a toothbrush.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
I used a bag of baking soda.put in for a day and the soda soaks up the stench .worked for me anyway.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Cry Baby!

Thanks guys !

Rudy you filthy animal !!!!!

I took the only strap I had off my! Diver and sold it to you so you would have one. And this is how you repay me?
:spank::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

smokiedabong

22/8/12
If it's a Diver strap there is another way, but it involves selling it to me to tell you.

TatsNguns

4/12/08
I took the only strap I had off my! Diver and sold it to you so you would have one. And this is how you repay me?
:spank::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I just got off a member one of those black leather plain apbands straps for diver. If you like I can start smoking around it now and sell it to you in say hmmm a few days =)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
I just got off a member one of those black leather plain apbands straps for diver. If you like I can start smoking around it now and sell it to you in say hmmm a few days =)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah that will be fine. Ooh wait let me send you a few Cuban cigars to make things right like I did with the one I sold BMW!:hehehe: