• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Customs Charges On A Rep?!

gazza

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/12/12
consider yourself lucky! If customs determined it was a replica it would of been seized and then you were out the money of the M2M sale completely! Most seller make buyer assume all risks!! This is why I tend to stay away unless seller is in canada. I might suggest you ask seller to ship via DHL and pay him more to send it. Its usually just a random spot check and sadly your number came up!!! Or something due to the look of the packaging or the description made a custom's officer question??????
example- the listed value(if it was low) and the word "watches" (meaning more than one)
lets say I might know a lot in this field.
good luck

D

d4m.test

I'm in Canada, but I have a US shipping address I get stuff shipped to. Calgary's a bit further from the border than Winnipeg is, but if you like I can give you my US shipping address, I can pick it up for you and bring it across, and then send it to you from Winnipeg. I'll create a fake ebay receipt for a $50 seiko or something and keep the package sealed.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
I am sorry for the OP but that horse shit is one of the many reasons I left Canada. All the taxes and cold weather that is....

Good luck in any case. Tell them to shove the HST up their ass.

Dang you are angry At Canada.

Sent from my calculator using nothing

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
Tell them to please return to sender - that you had no idea the taxes would be so high.

Don't argue with them - your only possible outcomes would be A) a slightly lowered gen value and tax, or B) seizure and destruction of counterfeit goods.

Have the seller re-send the watch to another person at another address (friend/relative) and this time list it as a "Repaired Watch". Have the seller include a paid invoice showing you paid him by credit card or PayPal @$325 for repairs - broken reversing gear and full cleaning and adjustment. Put it on a nice "Joe's Fine Watch Service" letterhead etc.

This should get through Customs without incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This highly specific reply is exactly what I was going to say, to the last word. Or something like that.

I recently shipped to canada as watch for repair with a value of $40. No problems.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Have you been on drugs this week ? Your posts sure seem like it :spank:
I sued Customs years ago, and I won. Not watch related issue, tho.
If you don't know, how to do things - better shut up.

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
I'm in Canada, but I have a US shipping address I get stuff shipped to. Calgary's a bit further from the border than Winnipeg is, but if you like I can give you my US shipping address, I can pick it up for you and bring it across, and then send it to you from Winnipeg. I'll create a fake ebay receipt for a $50 seiko or something and keep the package sealed.
Great gesture. :thumbsup:

bill002

3/11/12
I have something stuck in customs right now since sunday, I have a feeling I might get something like this too. Can't you just refuse the package?

micahtheprophet

26/11/11
Canada

That's awesome, thanks in advance.

micahtheprophet

26/11/11
Canada
Update:

I went back to the post office and told them that I wouldn't accept the package. From what they said it'll be sent back to original sender today.

I'll update again when the seller receives it back....hopefully.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12

Raji...that is...
images

MARK746

28/10/12
BC, Canada
I've got a BP Sub C on order from a TD, rejected the first, waiting for another, but in the photo of the EMS package description is watch and value $20USD, I'm going to ask him to change that to repaired watch, anyone see a problem with that?

3/3/13
I've got a BP Sub C on order from a TD, rejected the first, waiting for another, but in the photo of the EMS package description is watch and value $20USD, I'm going to ask him to change that to repaired watch, anyone see a problem with that?

Even if its a repaired watch, you will get taxed. Unless the customs officer feels generous.

It is better to declare it low because customs officers will just think its a cheap Chinese watch from the X Rays

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

D

d4m.test

Brought a ploprof across the border for micahtheprophet (OP), as well as a moonie for LastSamurai. Shipped both off to them in Alberta. Both arrived safe and sound and free of customs charges. Instead of payment, I asked them both to donate to RWI.

LastSamurai just pm'd me that he donated $40 to the board! Thanks Bud!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

huntergreene

23/5/13
You have given me back my faith in humanity Big_Raji. Glad to see this is all worked out for Micahtheprophet.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Brought a ploprof across the border for micahtheprophet (OP), as well as a moonie for LastSamurai. Shipped both off to them in Alberta. Both arrived safe and sound and free of customs charges. Instead of payment, I asked them both to donate to RWI.

LastSamurai just pm'd me that he donated $40 to the board! Thanks Bud!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You are an asset to RWI Raji. Keep up the good work man.

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
High fives all around. Nothing better than a tale like this that has a happy ending. :cheers:

mitchbaria

15/10/12
I wonder if it would be a viable option to put TOY WATCH in the description and value at ten or fifteen bucks? I realize this has already been fixed but for future reference.....