• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

rep collecting is expensive

rolexconfuse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/08
I was bored and started to think about my most recent rep and how it basically cost me roughly about $700 dollars. Now it wasn't a $700 rep but it ended up costing me $700

Rep watch = 400 dollars (including shipping)
New Strap = 30 dollars
Servicing for a fast A7750 movement = 280

total = 710 dollars.

It's crazy how fast money can add up

civic4982

Renowned Member
11/9/11
pics or it didn't happen ;)

welcome!

Pics+or+it+Didn_t+Happen.jpg

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
gen collecting is even more expensive.
;-)

Ok but you can't compare a rep with a gen...it's simply another world ;)
I wear my reps happily, but when I have at my wrist one of my gens I have a totally different feeling!

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
Dude...it's like bidding. Set a limit and stick with it. For reps, mine is $300 beyond that, I might as well buy gens.,

I was bored and started to think about my most recent rep and how it basically cost me roughly about $700 dollars. Now it wasn't a $700 rep but it ended up costing me $700

Rep watch = 400 dollars (including shipping)
New Strap = 30 dollars
Servicing for a fast A7750 movement = 280

total = 710 dollars.

It's crazy how fast money can add up

rolexconfuse

23/6/08
Dude...it's like bidding. Set a limit and stick with it. For reps, mine is $300 beyond that, I might as well buy gens.,

well my limit was $400, of course being it's a A7750, it had problems with running fast and a noisy rotor. Can't just let a 400 dollar watch self explode lol

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
rep collecting is indeed expensive, that's why i stopped....

.... counting. :D

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ok but you can't compare a rep with a gen...it's simply another world ;)
I wear my reps happily, but when I have at my wrist one of my gens I have a totally different feeling!

You need urgently some PAMs rep to feel something very similar

ALE

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Haha.... it's a yummy trifecta of addiction (although I have tried hookers or blow personally). The watch addition is rather nasty though. I am up to 15 reps and three gens in the box (and I have traded or sold a number of other pieces to get to this point). It's particular bad when I realized I have four breitling chronomats (2 BCE's and 2 B01's). I tried cutting down, but it isn't working!!!!

I have recently started escalating to high end straps and now I am starting to work on a franken B01!!! I couldn't resist the urge to buy a gen ETA 7750 with tricompax layout and date at 4:30 when it came up on eBay. Those freakin hardbto find and I haven't anyone on any board try to drop one into a B01 yet. Of course you need gen hands since the rep chrono hand doesnt fit on a gen eta movement so thats more money out the door.

When will it all stop!!! The money is flying out of my wallet and I need treatment ASAP!

I

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tyler333

23/4/12
Yeah hookers and blow are really costing me big time at the moment, especially that last hooker that I could've sworn was a women......

Oh yeah good straps are expensive :D