• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Submariner or SeaDweller

panerolex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/1/13
Hi guys, I intend to get a new Rolex but I still don't know which one is the best...
I really like the Sub (LV & LN) and the Seadweller, but I wonder wich replicas is better than the other.
Does someone can tell me wich replica is the best, Sub or SD ?

I always bought my watches from puretime, but is there any other seller who got better reps ?

Need some help !

Thanks

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Depends on how much you wanna spend and what you mean by Sea Dweller.
If you are referring to the original SD then there is no really great rep of this ATM although one is supposed to be in the works. If it's the Deep Sea you are talking about some quite good reps exist but none are up to the standard of the top of the line submariner from tc which is the pick of the bunch from those three models of Rolex.

panerolex

Banned
21/1/13
Thank you. So I'd better got to buy a submariner. The TC sub are the best, what about the movement ? Because some chinese made got some movement copy, but I dont know about TC sub...
I would like to buy the best rep, wich looks the same as the gen (all parts, even the movement).
I don't matter about price. Just need the best :)

mfernico

Known Member
21/3/13
Thank you. So I'd better got to buy a submariner. The TC sub are the best, what about the movement ? Because some chinese made got some movement copy, but I dont know about TC sub...
I would like to buy the best rep, wich looks the same as the gen (all parts, even the movement).

Search TC or BK's stuff. There both expensive and excellent.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Get a TC or a Ultimate SD. :)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

No need for clone MVT in a sub, it has a closed caseback and you will never see it. The clone 3115 can be a problem as well, it has issues with breakage.
The tc uses a Swiss ETA that is as reliable as any.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
No need for clone MVT in a sub, it has a closed caseback and you will never see it. The clone 3115 can be a problem as well, it has issues with breakage.
The tc uses a Swiss ETA that is as reliable as any.

The Boss has spoken.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sixstrings

Banned
19/10/12
Search TC or BK's stuff. There both expensive and excellent.

Is the BK Sub-C a Noob case and therefor the wrong shape or is he using BP case now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vision

Known Member
31/8/07
i'm a long time (more than 5 years) outside that hobby.
maybe i'm wrong?
but all sub fakes with china or eta movement has the wrong position of the tube/crown.

take a classic sea-dweller 1665 with the right position with an eta movement.
best i know are the old mbw/mbk case.

many freaks are hunting for the best dial, hands, bezel, clasp, insert, and so on.
but you can't change the position of the tube/crown.

some guys spend very much money, in some cases more than $ 1200/1500, but any idiot can identify that's a cheap fake and you are an imposter.
only a short look to the tube/crown position is necessary.

so, first you need the best case with the right position of the tube/crown.
after that you need the best parts like dial, hands, bezel, clasp, insert, and so on.

if you are looking for the best fake.

laltromondo

Looking Around
15/5/12
I am a noob here, so you have to excuse me,..but where do I find the TC Subs?

EDIT: Found it. However, it looks like he only sell to those with a feedback history on the forums?

sixstrings

Banned
19/10/12
maybe i'm wrong?
but all sub fakes with china or eta movement has the wrong position of the tube/crown.

take a classic sea-dweller 1665 with the right position with an eta movement.
best i know are the old mbw/mbk case.

many freaks are hunting for the best dial, hands, bezel, clasp, insert, and so on.
but you can't change the position of the tube/crown.

some guys spend very much money, in some cases more than $ 1200/1500, but any idiot can identify that's a cheap fake and you are an imposter.
only a short look to the tube/crown position is necessary.

after that you need the best parts like dial, hands, bezel, clasp, insert, and so on.

I don't agree that any idiot can spot a rep by the crown being slightly lower but I do agree with you that $1500 is a lot to invest in a rep.

I think the BP Sub-C is a nice rep at just a little over $200 and with a few basic mods that most people can do would fool 99% of the general public. IMHO.

I am pretty happy with my BP Sub-C and after glueing the pearl, platinum paint on the insert, and about 15 minutes with a Cape Cod cloth I have a damn fine watch. I actually got a compliment on it from a realtor at an open house event that was wearing the gen 116610.

vision

Known Member
31/8/07
regarding tc, bp, bk, noob cases.
are the position of the tube/crown in the middle of the case highness?
i don't think so.

panerolex

Banned
21/1/13
Thank you guys.. If I understand, I could never get a perfect replica, so by the fact that the rep I'll get will be 95% perfect (maybe) I don't know why to spend like 600$ when you can get almost the same for 350... I know the movement is different but you still can get a pretty good movement even for 350.. So if the watch looks quite the same, I don't know why to spend more... And I think that the TC sub are expensive only because of the movement, and some other little differences, but you can find really really good sub, with a good movement, wich looks 99% like the gen...
Tell me if I'm wrong !

rols16610

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/4/12
maybe i'm wrong?

The TC Sub has an ETA 2824-2 movement, and it has the same crown height as the Gen, his sub case will even accept a gen movement.

The only things you really need to add to it are a gen insert, and maybe a new crystal.