• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Day-Date from Trusty

Shieldsy

11/12/09
I know the pics aren't good but you'll get the idea. This is a 118238 with champagne lumi dial and in YG (36mm) replica. The gold is a great colour and the build quality is pretty good. As usual what lets down these models is the thick bezel and the 42mm lug to lug case size (should be 44mm). There's nothing I can do about the case size but I thinned down the bezel edge with some emery paper. I can get the whole bezel re plated later but there is really no need as the material under the plating is the same colour as the gold. This gives it a much more gen like look. I would appreciate it if you could give me your feedback on this rep as I'm not sure if it's for me. Would only be using it with a suit - what do you think?
DSCF1305_zpsef30ad42.jpg

DSCF1306_zps7e3bd1ac.jpg

DSCF1308_zps324d7eb3.jpg

DSCF1310_zps71ef17f9.jpg

DSCF1312_zpsd7f068ac.jpg

DSCF1313_zps48b8526a.jpg

DSCF1314_zps0a305be6.jpg

DSCF1315_zpscd0ac184.jpg

DSCF1318_zps80094b45.jpg

DSCF1319_zpsb3ec5227.jpg

And a wee pic of the view from my front door - can you guess where it is?
DSCF1320_zpsf98b57da.jpg

Vittedo

Known Member
29/12/12
sorry but,may you offer me some other landscape of you front door?fantastic place!!!

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Can you pull off wearing a gen of that? You better be driving something really nice, and have a hot woman on your arm. Or two!

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I love these.
I have the 21j version of this. And wish that I would have bought the a2836-2 of this. But I have been moding what I have. I have already replated the bracelet and changed the crystal. And looking to mod the movement.

I will probaly end up buying another. Since I love them so well.
It is a nice classy piece to where out.

Nice piece !
Cheers.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

Congratulations about your watch!!!
...It´s one of the best Day-Dates one could have, and definitely my favorite of all time too! Since I was a kid I have this as my grail watch and it´s the Rolex that totally made me learn to love the brand.

You just can´t just forget what the Presidential Day-Date have made to the image of Rolex around the world for alot of people, it´s an iconic model, specifically in this combo, with the champagne gold dial and sticks in hour markers.
The 36mm is a way more elegant and well balanced watch than the new Day-Date II´s, and nothing can beat its class...ever.

My 118238 ? Day-Date says hello to yours: :cheers:
Day-Date37mmChampagneGold1024x768-01copy.jpg

Day-Date36mmChampagneGold1024x768-02.jpg

Cheers,
Spirit.

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
Spirit your photos have just made me want one now wow great job
Very lovely
:wub:

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
Thanks Spirit - wish I could take pics like yours.

Thankyou very much for your compliments, Shieldsy :) But your pics are also very good.

What really matters is to show the passion that you have for the watch, and this you did capture very well on your pictures, independently of what camera or technicques you use :)

About you asking on the first post if that Day-Date was for you, I think it really isn´t the point of the rep dome :)
If you really LOVE that watch, just go for it and wear it happily on the occasions you think it fits in.

I wear mine with suits only, but even so, I keep soo much time admiring the watch when I´m not wearing it that it really doesn´t matter if I would be able to pull it off or not. I just always loved this Day-Date since I was a kid, and wearing a GEN here in the country is completely out of question, as it would be too much of a attention-getter for thieves and sonovabiotches.

Hell... one day I will really buy the Day-Date that was in my childhood dreams, and won´t even be able to wear it outside home, but I will gladly admire it and take ALOT of pics...lol

(The image is a bit big, so I opted to just link it)
http://www.officialwatches.com/watc...ld Diamond Bezek Dial Bracelet OW770 Head.jpg

- Yellow Gold with Champagne "Jubilee" Dial
- Diamonds and baguettes hour markers
- Diamonds Bezel
- Diamonds on the Lugs
- Diamonds on center links of the Bracelet.

That would be a dream
:bounce:

Cheers,
Spirit.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Oh my God! Your really serious about that diamond encrusted day date? You better get a big purple hat with a feather in it and a convertible Caddy.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
Oh my God! Your really serious about that diamond encrusted day date? You better get a big purple hat with a feather in it and a convertible Caddy.

Caddy? pffffft! ...Don´t lowball me.

...Rolls-Royce is where all the shizzle is, my friend!
pimp.jpg

:rofl:

But seriously, I know it´s a really "over" watch, but I always liked the bling. It gets my eyes like nothing else.
As I said, I know I won´t be able to wear it outside the house, EVER...But it will be a beautiful watch still.

Cheers,
Spirit.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Nice pics man, its definitely on my list even if I can't afford the gen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

stinger161

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/12
Yes very nice! Like many others have said it's the first one that made me recognize Rolex. I though would do the older style with the solid gold markers. Because yeah I know how much a gen of this one runs, and the older ones can be had for a fraction of that and still IMO look just as damn nice! Pulling it off? For some reason even though these are all gold they're just classic! Easily done. My cousin owns a gen, doesn't dress to the nines, and pulls it off with a nice shirt and jeans. Most people know he's loaded though. I have seen him wear it with an AC/DC shirt lol!

Kush_Dean

Horology Curious
23/3/13
what site is that from??? I really need that exact same one...someone help please!