• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver 3.5 mods infos

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
Which mods can I made on a 3.5?
Can I replace the dial with a gen one?
Gen rubber strap or standard rep rubber strap?

Tnx a lot

Goodgood

17/10/12
I have the gen rubber strap, it is not that different from the rep, just a little softer feel. Not worth replacing.

Don't think you can use the gen dial because it does not fit with the current rep movements (Swiss or Asian).

Not much you can do but wait for version 4 from the H-factory.

Right now, I think the biggest tells are the digits on the bezel. They are almost twice as thick on the gen and you can see that within a couple of feet.

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
I have the gen rubber strap, it is not that different from the rep, just a little softer feel. Not worth replacing.

Don't think you can use the gen dial because it does not fit with the current rep movements (Swiss or Asian).

Right now, I think the biggest tells are the digits on the bezel. They are almost twice as thick on the gen and you can see that within a couple of feet.

tnx

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12

+1. The rep rubber is really close to gen.

Again, there are only a few mods needed on a Diver 3.5:
1. Relume inner bezel to thicker numerals: I think goin did a cracking job here http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/some-qc-photos-136137
2. Movement swap to a low beat ETA 2846 to match the gen's beat rate.

Goodgood

17/10/12
Oh man. This again? What are you basing this supposed H factory AP diver on?

I am repeating a quote from a RWG member Rlx101:

--when I asked Andrew yesterday what new stuff was on it's way, he said that H factory have a V4 Diver coming soon. Specifically he said that the inner bezel has been improved. Pinch of salt, but that's what I was told guys --
MultiQuote

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11

--when I asked Andrew yesterday what new stuff was on it's way, he said that H factory have a V4 Diver coming soon. Specifically he said that the inner bezel has been improved. Pinch of salt, but that's what I was told guys --
MultiQuote

It's a lie. Andrew was telling everybody that H factory was releasing an Ap diver that would correct all the flaws on the V3, but it never happened. They don't have a good relationship with the noob factory, so they make up stories like this. It was a while back, though.

Not your fault, obviously, just funny to see the rumors still floating around. Those guys are shameless.

Brains_eye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/12
Just question ..... Diver3.5 is considered one of best ap replicas so far ,,,, so what else they will do to make it better ?? It is so close to gen ....I think they should go and work on other models that really need improvement or they should figure out way to solve date window issue

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Just question ..... Diver3.5 is considered one of best ap replicas so far ,,,, so what else they will do to make it better ?? It is so close to gen ....I think they should go and work on other models that really need improvement or they should figure out way to solve date window issue

You need to do a lot of reading.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before the noob updates the inner bezel, I'll not change my V3 till that happens(Pappa smurf and all)
As BMW says enjoy it as is

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????

mch2112

Renowned Member
24/3/12
California

To me, other than somewhat weak lume, it's all in the bezel -- needs slightly bolder numbers and the printed markings aren't quite aligned with the dial. The bezel stem is also a little flaky (mine only works clockwise - backwards!) Everything else seems spot on. More importantly the quality and construction are great.

Leewei

21/3/12
8576860565_56db27d929_z.jpg

8577962302_00629bec4f_z.jpg

8577960956_6054952ca0_z.jpg

8576862329_d7d1cf4aba_z.jpg

Goin Modded one on the LEFT, Stock AP Diver 3.5 on the right.
This moded piece is mine and i hope it will arrive in good condition. Still waiting for it.
Numbers on bezel are relumed thicker & bolder as per Gen.
This Diver 3.5 is so good that i hope to "Genify" it. Sourcing for a gen strap.

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
8576860565_56db27d929_z.jpg

8577962302_00629bec4f_z.jpg

8577960956_6054952ca0_z.jpg

8576862329_d7d1cf4aba_z.jpg

Goin Modded one on the LEFT, Stock AP Diver 3.5 on the right.
This moded piece is mine and i hope it will arrive in good condition. Still waiting for it.
Numbers on bezel are relumed thicker & bolder as per Gen.
This Diver 3.5 is so good that i hope to "Genify" it. Sourcing for a gen strap.
Bro you get one from our AP service center. Give them a call to check for stock availability first, but price is slightly higher though as compared to overseas AD.

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
Leewei,

Thanks for the pictures.

I do like your Diver a lot. However, the lume application is not quite straight/gen quality.
The thickness of the font is all over the place and the five is especially crooked...

I think to properly rep it, we probably need to get it right from the factory.

Leewei

21/3/12
Yeah i totally agree. Factory can do a better job.
I believe for many watches...they are just "reserving" some flaws to show a little bit of respect to the gen.
U think they can lume the numbers thick right from the start ? They sure can.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06

MultiQuote

this is bull shit, Trusty cannot buy from noob factory, he only can buy via a middle man from noob and then his profit is lower.
Do what BMW said, buy it and enjoy it. I would not relume that watch. And gen parts do not fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk