• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

President Daydate Yellow gold wrapped question

bosnian1990

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/2/13
Hey guys I am looking for a Daydate YG and sead was able to find one for me. My question is does anyone know where to get a good gold wrapping done for a rolex? I did a search on the forums and found an old post with this link http://easyelectroplating.co.uk/gallery/

but I don't think I would trust them with my watch haha

Any ideas?

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Hey guys I am looking for a Daydate YG and sead was able to find one for me. My question is does anyone know where to get a good gold wrapping done for a rolex? I did a search on the forums and found an old post with this link http://easyelectroplating.co.uk/gallery/

but I don't think I would trust them with my watch haha

Any ideas?

"Gold wrapping" is pretty hard to find now...the plating process has improved so much over the last couple of years that it has made gold wrapping almost obsolete..I have gold plated reps that have "desk diver" scratches, and all you see is gold... The only "tell" that the gold is not solid is the weight. Sead's all gold 41mm Day/Date is very good, btw...

bosnian1990

Banned
5/2/13
Yeah I am looking to buy ome from sead 41 daydate. But all of his come from noob factory i am pretty sure. So the gold from noob factory is pretty convincing then?

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I have three, and they are very, very good reps....get the highbeat Asian movement with the smooth second-hand sweep....very nice, indeed! :cheers:

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Noob factory ones are well plated, and are really nice in person. Go ahead ;)

bosnian1990

Banned
5/2/13
Seems as though noob factory may be all sold out of YG in 2836 movement? I talk to a guy named robbie and he says that the TDs try and rip people off on this site by telling them only movement available is 3156 (you know the expensive one that just looks nice but no diff than a 2836)