• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with my stubborn pam strap!

Rainsick33

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
So I had this Pam 48 for a year or so. Its on a really bad stock brown strap and doesnt feel good on the wrist, its ok because I rarely wear it.
I was thinking if I change out the strap to a better one then I might wear it more often.

Anyways, its got the two pusher style mechanism to change out the strap. You press down with one hand and push with other etc... But mine wont budge! I read that some people have this issue but now I cant find the thread. Anyone can give me any tips on taking it apart the proper way before I cut open the rep strap :facepalm:

rolex69

Renowned Member
4/8/10
USA
So I had this Pam 48 for a year or so. Its on a really bad stock brown strap and doesnt feel good on the wrist, its ok because I rarely wear it.
I was thinking if I change out the strap to a better one then I might wear it more often.

Anyways, its got the two pusher style mechanism to change out the strap. You press down with one hand and push with other etc... But mine wont budge! I read that some people have this issue but now I cant find the thread. Anyone can give me any tips on taking it apart the proper way before I cut open the rep strap :facepalm:
Just replace the pin with regular conversion spring bars
One side looks like a screw and the other fills the other hole
I think you can also use regular strap screws too