• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR01-92 Heritage QC Pics With Correct Dial Markings (2012)

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

Yeah, it still is! But the back is the same too..miliary spec and br 01-94...

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Resurrect....I'm assuming you guys paid for EMS from Mary instead of waiting for Airmail, right? Looks like $96 altogether. I've been contemplating one of these, I might just do it now.

D

d4m.test

I heard she no longer offers the free airmail option.

grandpas

Horology Curious
30/1/13
Was strolling on RWG and decided to purchase a BR01-92 Heritage Edition after seeing this picture:

heritage2011.jpg

I noticed the incorrect marking on the dial saying BR01-94, the dial markings being more of a yellow color instead of sand, and the possibly lighter leather strap, but decided to order it anyways since the price of $75 shipped (+5% Paypal fees) couldn't be beat.

I was pleasantly surprised to get this QC pic in my inbox:

heritage2012front.jpg

As you can see, the dial has been corrected to BR01-92. The color still seems a bit too yellow, so I'm willing to bet it hasn't actually changed at all, it just happens to be a much better picture than the one from 2011.

Unfortunately, the back engraving doesn't seem to have improved at all:
heritage2012back.jpg

:picard:
(FYI - If you don't see it, the engraving is really shallow or maybe just etched, the hex screws seem smaller/fake, the "Quartz Movement" is incorrect as it should be an Asian 2813 clone, the spacing is non-existent in DONOTUNSCREW, and I have no idea what Miliary means)

I'll post some pics as soon as I receive it, unless someone on here decides to order it as well with the faster $30 EMS Express shipping and beat me to it. ;)
typography of numbers and indexes should be round ended on this BR 01-92 Heritage compared to others BR 01-92

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
It looks great!
big_raji what is the size of your wrist? And is it 46mm with or without crown? Thanks!

iKone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/12
Did you all order from Mary? I'm actually looking for one.

baron1797

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/2/13
Hello Big_Raji... what size is your wrist? I am considering the BR01-92... I love the large faced watches. I have a Diesel watch which is a large round one and love it but I have such small wrists it looks huge on me. Thx

D

d4m.test

My wrist is about 7.25" to 7.5", depending on the day

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
Well, I've just ordered one too, and just received the QC photos. Still a 'Miliary spec' watch. Still want to know what that is--but just out of curiosity. You get what you pay for. My plan, if I can pull it off, is to put the dial (cut down if need be) in a better 42mm case. 46mm is just too big for me.

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
So I received my 'Miliary Spec' :) today, and I gotta say, for the money it strikes me as a bargain. The biggest surprise is the strap. It's very good! Absolutely no lume, and the numbers don't have that nice, thick, quality of the gen--or even of our $200 reps. The hands, too, are lighter in colour than the numbers, but again: it was cheap. As far as I'm concerned, I got a bargain. Hey, it even ticks! Now I'm going to see if I can put the dial in a 42mm case and have it look reasonable.