• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rapper The Game bought friends 12 Rolexes

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Time is money man, you know what I'm sayin.....

I like how he won't give him shit till he sees the check. Lol.

airking

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
26/5/09
Luxury items have a culture and have a crowd that appreciate them for their sophistication (ie craftsmanship, history, whatever). But for the most part, these items are typically appreciated by wealthy people to the point that wealth is identified with luxury goods (not mention these goods are typically too expensive). So when people typically come up with sudden wealth, they typically try to identify themselves as wealthy by flaunting luxury goods. It's an unfortunate outcome that not only effects watches, but also jewelry, automobiles, homes, alcohol, etc...

Conversely, I know a few wealthy individuals who gradually became wealthy through hard work and their Walmart wardrobe and Toyota Camry (no offense intended) doesn't do anything to expose it. But I'm guessing they don't feel the need to identify their wealth because they gradually came upon it to the point that some of them don't even feel wealthy.

But especially in sports and show biz, there's a need to flaunt wealth because of the image oriented and superficial nature of the business.

In other words, it's a self perpetuating cycle that will never end.

So for us enthusiasts, we just have to accept it and not let the flaunters ruin it for us.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
Obviously, I'm really not selling anything; Airking pretty much hit the nail on the head though. I bought my gens because I like the history, r&d, etc of rolex. The celebrities ruin things little by little. BMW 750il is great example of a nice luxury vehicle that celebrities ruined. I can go on and on, but airking's correct that it's something we just have to accept as reality.

walttoya

Known Member
3/6/12
Unfortunately the Luxury market would suffer if you did not have this outlandish spending. You would be surprised by the number of companies catering to Rappers for advertising of their High End products. And where are the Authentic Box and Papers?

arcadia

11/8/11
Conversely, I know a few wealthy individuals who gradually became wealthy through hard work and their Walmart wardrobe and Toyota Camry (no offense intended) .

Toyota Camry is one of the choiced everyday vehicles of the low profile millionaires next door :)

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
When I become instant rich I am taking my top twelve forum buddies to the rolex ad ;)

lol!

Sent from my DROIDX

smokiedabong

22/8/12
When I become instant rich I am taking my top twelve forum buddies to the rolex ad ;)

lol!

Sent from my DROIDX

You're doing it wrong, you need MoneyG-Bling the Jeweler to bring the watches to you.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
If I did that for my friends, we would go to the AD together. I wouldn't have that douchebag show up with his murse and shitty velvet bags.

LupTak

Renowned Member
15/12/11
Luxury items have a culture and have a crowd that appreciate them for their sophistication (ie craftsmanship, history, whatever). But for the most part, these items are typically appreciated by wealthy people to the point that wealth is identified with luxury goods (not mention these goods are typically too expensive). So when people typically come up with sudden wealth, they typically try to identify themselves as wealthy by flaunting luxury goods. It's an unfortunate outcome that not only effects watches, but also jewelry, automobiles, homes, alcohol, etc...

Conversely, I know a few wealthy individuals who gradually became wealthy through hard work and their Walmart wardrobe and Toyota Camry (no offense intended) doesn't do anything to expose it. But I'm guessing they don't feel the need to identify their wealth because they gradually came upon it to the point that some of them don't even feel wealthy.

But especially in sports and show biz, there's a need to flaunt wealth because of the image oriented and superficial nature of the business.

In other words, it's a self perpetuating cycle that will never end.

So for us enthusiasts, we just have to accept it and not let the flaunters ruin it for us.

Well said airking..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
There was this guy Jacob the jeweler. He's is or was the owner of Jacob and co watches. He used to sell these dummies jewelry with half real and half fake diamonds and they used to kiss his ass. They even put his half fake stuff in their videos even mentioned his name. He go in big trouble got tax evasion and all this stuff came out. A childhood friend of mine wife was one of his accountants.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Jacob still has a boutique in midtown close to my job, I don't understand how.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Jacob still has a boutique in midtown close to my job, I don't understand how.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WatchEden has a lot of his stuff repped......very GHETTO....:picard:

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
Theres pics of Jay-z going there to buy his wife something for their 4th wedding anni.. I guess they didnt learn their lesson.

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
you guys need to check this out too. only 2 in the world lol. 1.5 mil Chopard for Birdman [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15z-f3uhSyM"]Birdman Showing his 1.5 Million Dollar Watch! (Only 2 In The World) - YouTube[/ame]

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
Did you see his Maybach. It cost 8 million. Man thats some watch. Thats the birdman? Thats some difference from Jay z. This birdman guy looks like a mess.