• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Greetings from the north

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12

• Hi Guys! Been lurking for some time now. I appreciate all the great information available here and have made good use of it I think. Unfortunately my typing and computer skills are abysmal so i don't think I will be posting often. I also do not have a cell phone or digital camera so no pictures for now. Any way my dealer of choice is Toro. Have made four successful purchases and one more on the way! As you can imagine communications have been brief. In the box PO 45.5 SW ETA bracelet, Vintage 300 with Wjean mesh+Bandfever bracelet, BR-02-92 with Bander bands alligator orange stitch and a bandfever 26mm heavy bracelet, for my wife a Tag Aquaracer. On the way a Omega moonie hand wind. I have offshores tool kit and have waterproofed them all more or less. Aftermarket Plexi coming in for 300 and moon, also a crystal press,UV and hypo cement. I just want to thank you guys for all your shared experience and suggestions.Apologies for this mess . Best wishes and success in your future endeavors. FLYR.

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
Welcome Flyr from New York
Glad you finally stepped out
from behind the curtain

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Welcome to RWI mate.
happy-096.gif

Plenty of good people here to offer some great advice.

Have fun and enjoy.
respect-051.gif

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
Thanks Steelfish, the knowledge available here is awesome.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Welcome flyr..great to have you here.

ssb045

Renowned Member
26/12/10
Welcome! Have you had any experience with watches before hand or have you been learning from here? I'd love to start modding my own but lack a decent work area. Just found my truck keys in the toybox! I can't leave anything laying around with my little crew.

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
Evening frigpig,ssb045,cybee, and thanks for the welcome! I have no previous watchmaking experience but have worked on delicate mechanical devices throughout my career. But I think I will stay away from movement disassembly and stick to crystal replacement and bracelet mods. P.S. No little hands or feet around here anymore.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi flyr
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you in PAM Section

ALE
PAM Section Moderator

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
Thanks for the welcome ALE ! I will certainly visit but am afraid I am one of those Unbelievers, though, model 029 is not really all that hideous I suppose :)