• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken PAM 288 wishing you Merry Christmas!

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Hi fellas,

Merry Christmas with my franken PAM 288 which will be wearing under the tree :biglaugh:

Specs:

-gen 7753 ETA inside, freshly serviced, runs like a champ, winding is smooth as butter, chrono like a dream;
-yesterday managed to source and install a gen crystal on it;
-case, dial, lume like gen;
-strap sourced from Peter.watchacc recommended by Peter Gunny (he's not dealing with deployant type straps..): ultra premium, shiny, hand made louisiana black gator strap, 130/90, 26/20, with beige backside and stiching (classes better (!) than my OEM PAM strap, too short BTW, thats the reason of sourcing a custom made one), the best quality I have ever met within gator straps and at a bargain price (220 USD FEDEX priority incl.) (if anyone interested http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=6372391&rid=0#msg_6372391)

Now let the pics talk:

Merry Christmas again!

charging of only 10 secs.

:popcorn:

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Was the gen crystal a noticeable difference before and after?

In one word: NO

The watchsmith sold it to me for ridiculous 30 EUR :lol1:

The rep crystal is as per gen in height, thickness, AR coating.

All in all this PAM is a super rep, even the watchsmith couldnt recognize its a rep at first sight.

Just fabulous, highly recommended..

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks for sharing this fantastic Franken
I will include this trhead in then PAM GUIDE

Congrats ! really beautiful !
ALE

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
I still can't tell what is a tell on this watch.
And I own one.

But its very simple: its not a usual looking PAM watch, its sporty and elegant at the same time, you can wear it with suit and a simple shirt too, etc..

Wearing it is very comfi and fits a whole bunch of strap colours. I'm mostly wearing suit and cuff shirts thats the inly reason of sourcing the black gator one.

Whoever thinks to buy a II. PAM this is one of the best choices..

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Always loved the 288. Lovely watch.
Congrats

Sent from my iBall using Tupperware

watchpt

Renowned Member
31/3/06
I was wondering how you were able to get an eta7753 to fit into this case as the a7750 movement is thicker and the pushers would be in the wrong spot. I ask because I want to get this swap done as well. Great watch by the way!

MoreCowBell

5/9/13
I would be interested in the swap too as the previous poster mentioned.

Love the 288.

Thanks for sharing!

undercoverz

17/9/15
Have an ETA 7753. Have an 288. Just trying to have the mods done. How's your frankened 288 nowadays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk