• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Love my Hublot Green Magic V6 but.....

Simced

3/4/12
I'm just throwing this Out there, I have a V6 Green Magic which is an awesome watch but I can't wear it, why? Because the clasp is absolutely uncomfortable! It digs into my wrist and leaves deep imprints which makes me wonder if it's a 1:1 is the Gen the same? Anyone else out there have this issue? I'm thinking of selling it now!

cutro64

Known Member
31/7/12
you have to break the band in.... they are very stiff at first... find a watch pillow or watch roll or anything about the size of your wrist or even a little smaller and tightly strap watch around it... the longer it stays the better... it took mine about 2 weeks before it lost that uncomfrtable feel but now 10:10 watch repair has had mine for over 3 months.. and cant even get ahold of him... it sucks

Simced

3/4/12
I store it on a watch pillow in a watch box! I'll try positionning it in a different position to stretch it out! Thanks for the tip!

intheshadows

30/8/12
I've got the same issue right now. I've bent the clasp a little to where its more comfortable now, but Im fairly certain its because of that awfully stiff rubber that these come on.

I'll probably try and smooth out the corners a bit too just so I dont get those two dents from the deployant.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
It's the rep rubber. I have a V6 All Black & Blue with the crappy rep gummy. I recently switched it over to a gen gummy and it is super comfortable now. Try one of the other rep rubbers such as the striped one, or the tire strap option.

intheshadows

30/8/12
has anybody had any luck softening these up? I was gonna try a heat gun and try and work it a little, but if i have to go gen, then so be it.

Simced

3/4/12
Ya I can't even wear it, it's that uncomfortable! I dont like the watch enough to get a Gen bracelet for it! I should of gotten the black magic instead of the green! The Green on the markers has a bit of overspill which turns me off of the watch and also the blue AR I'm not liking but I could always fix that!

intheshadows

30/8/12
I was pretty worried about the blue AR on mine, but its not as bright and noticeable as I thought it would be.

I'm going to try and soften the strap up somehow, as for me, its pretty uncomfortable right now too. If I make it tight like its supposed to be, the clasp digs in. If I loosen it up to the next hole, its too loose and moves around a lot which is also uncomfortable.

prb

Known Member
30/6/09
I had a stiff B&R rubber strap that I fixed by boiling it briefly just till the rubber was hot, and then letting it cool in a curled position. No evidence of any damage, but it did help hold a more curved contour. It was completely unwearably stiff beforehand.

faberjay111

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Is it the strap itself that is biting into your wrist....or is it the clasp?

If it is the clasp, there is a very easy and inexpensive fix for it.

faberjay111

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
I've trying to find the thread where it was explained(with pictures), but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, what I did with mine was I cut a small piece of cardboard the exact width of the strap(at the clasp end). Then, I cut it to about 3/4' long, placed it on the strap between the clasp edges and taped over it with black electricians tape. For some reason, the black color of my tape matched exactly with my black strap and it looked clean!

I put the watch on...and no more pain! I had wanted it to be a temporary fix, but since it looked clean...and you can;t see it at all when you wear the watch, I kept it as is. Just mack sure the cardboard is thick enough to be just a hair taller taller than the protruding edges on the clasp.

I had seen on another thread that another way to do it was to file down the sharp edges, but I was afraid to do it because I had never done it before...and it was one of my first rep watches!

I hope this helps. May the New Year great you with painless wrists!

intheshadows

30/8/12
Thanks for the input on that, but I'm probably not going to put cardboard and tape over the clasp. That's more of a band-aid fix akin to the dental floss trick on loose rolex bezels.

It seems the issue is on the stiff rubber that connects at the 'lugs'. Has anybody cut one of these straps up before to see what is giving it that rigidity? I can see some structure in there when I bent the strap.

The fact that the strap does not flex or feel soft where the band meets the watch head makes the clasp portion push unnecessarily hard on my arm. I dont think filing it down is going to help, as its not exactly sharp already like some other bracelets I've had.

I am trying to heat it now and form it better to my wrist while it cools.