• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I have a problem with my Hublot replica

kerex132

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/12
Hi,
I recently lended out my Hublot Tuiga 1909 Skeleton too my brother, unfortanley it came home in bad shape and it doesen't sounds as it used to sound when you move it around, it sounds like something is loose and will eventually destroy the whole watch therefore I am asking for your experts to see the video and say what you think is the fault. I have tried asking my brother but he just says he hasn't done anything, I guess he dropped it accidently or something..but check out the video.

By the way, I know it is automatic but it sounds very very strange, it has never sounded like this before.

Video:
[YOUTUBE]uyJFLrGKvlw[/YOUTUBE]

Calibre16

31/1/12
My guess is that the rotor might have come off. Most parts are small, but that sounds like something big and heavy (compared to the rest of the small parts, at least).

DenisSpa

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/6/12
can you show us the back? without the case back?

a few screws is all you should have to remove to get the back off.

D

d4m.test

Definitely something big. made the mistake of playing this video with my dog next to me, and she thought it was her leash clanging around. Now I gotta take her for a walk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cutro64

Known Member
31/7/12
if it is a v1 or v2 i have seen a common issuie the dial comes loose... i had my watch guy pull one apart thinking the rotor but we found it was the dail and movemnt totally loose...
i never dropped mine but i do alot of physical movement so i guess it just got loose.. he put a little glue to hold it back and now fixed and working well for 6 + months since..

kerex132

24/11/12
What will happend if I will just let it go like this, and what sort of tools will I need to open up the back of the case?

D

d4m.test

Can't be worse than shaking the hell out of it. ;)

But seriously, if it's the dial, it can get scratched up by the hands, or the hands can get bent if the dial is raised at an angle.

If it's the rotor, the watch won't wind properly or at all, and the screw that was holding it could damage another part of the movement.

For the rotor, you need to take off the caseback and put the rotor back in place and screw it in. That's it.

For the dial, you need to take off the caseback, remove the crown, remove the movement, remove the hands, then secure the dial either with the dial feet or with sticky dial dots. Then put it all back together. You might be able to do it without removing the hands.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cutro64

Known Member
31/7/12
i never really wore min much after that happened cause the noise was very annoying and who wears a watch that makes that much noise.. find a trusted watch smith in your area or on the forum and send it to them... for me it was $75 fix..

kerex132

24/11/12
I see, I will go to the local watch smith and see what they say, if they will charge over 25 $ it wont simply be worth it, I guess..

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
Hi,
I recently lended out my Hublot Tuiga 1909 Skeleton too my brother, unfortanley it came home in bad shape and it doesen't sounds as it used to sound when you move it around, it sounds like something is loose and will eventually destroy the whole watch therefore I am asking for your experts to see the video and say what you think is the fault. I have tried asking my brother but he just says he hasn't done anything, I guess he dropped it accidently or something..but check out the video.

By the way, I know it is automatic but it sounds very very strange, it has never sounded like this before.

Video:
[YOUTUBE]uyJFLrGKvlw[/YOUTUBE]

Dang! isn't this the one you bought off WatchEden? maybe it wasn't your brother but just made badly? I hope not, cause I have mine coming.

kerex132

24/11/12
Yes that is the one I bought from WatchEden but I dont think I should blame theme it is probably just my brother who has dropped it or gone into a wall or something.. I guess I will go maybe today or something to a watch smith.. does anyone knows what will happend if I will just leave it.. will it cause more troubles and more costs to repair it for me?

kerex132

24/11/12
I checked under the 'hood' so too speak and I saw that the rotor was a little loose, but I diden't saw any screw there.. should it be a screw there?