• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The end of replica world ?

teosep

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/11/07
Dear friends ,

We escaped the Maya's prediction for the end of the world ,but maybe we are near to another END .

I recently had a discussion with one of our TD and he told me that the rep market in GZ is unter pressure for long time . The police have sent many people in jail and less "factory's" are available to make reps. This is the reason that prices are going higher. What is your opinion ?

The Chinese state is ready to destroy the rep market ?
What really happened in GZ ?

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
I don't know man, but the watches the Noob (and to a lesser extent H-Factory) are so good at the moment it's getting ridiculous. They are basically 98% gen to look at. It's amazing.

beastly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/12
I doubt it will be the end of the rep scene, regardless of what happens. As long as there are people willing to buy, the market will exist. Look at the "war on drugs" that has been attempting to curb supply for 30+ years, it has had practically zero effect.

What will happen though, is that if there are more raids then prices will have to increase to compensate for the loss of items taken during raids, and the increased risks of prosecution. The real danger to the market is that prices are forced higher to the point that people aren't willing to pay for a replica (even a very good replica) but I think we're a very long way from that point.

teosep

Banned
4/11/07
Lets face the truth . The rep aficionados are only a few ,I don't think that this kind of people can support the the rep market . And also beastly made a good point. The prices are going to high so the people don't like to buy them.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Way too much money involved for reps to go away...prices will just go up....

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Super reps at $400 are only sold to the forums so if our demand falls so will prices, first from dealers and then from the facs. But if demand really falls then theyll switch most production to $200 and below for the rest of the world market and well see far fewer super reps so we have to keep buying but within reason.

magnum645

Known Member
29/9/09
maybe we will have to mod our own stuff but I agree with beasty. if there is a demand they will find a way. These are not factories that are easy to detect. They are people doing it in their garage or a tiny undetectible building. I do agree that the majority of reps though are bought by the layman at a Canal st like impulse buy.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I don't think the rep world will be end anytime soon and they have always been under pressure with periodic raids. There might be increased pressure now but they will use any excuse to raise prices. Some of the prices dealers are charging now would have been laughed at five or six years ago.

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
Might be, you never now. I'll keep stocking up on reps while I can.
The only problem with this is that it took me well over half an hour to decide what to wear this morning and I'm still not sure.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Might be, you never now. I'll keep stocking up on reps while I can.
The only problem with this is that it took me well over half an hour to decide what to wear this morning and I'm still not sure.

Were you high, smokiedabong? :unsure:

teosep

Banned
4/11/07
Guys i don't see any serious answer about the situation ..... We talk about serious staff !

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
I was serious. The best is behind us. Prices go up, and you might as well start buying gens. I could have already bought a gen Rolex with the money I've spent on reps

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I was serious. The best is behind us. Prices go up, and you might as well start buying gens. I could have already bought a gen Rolex with the money I've spent on reps

I disagree , because people have been spending a lot more modding. There are $400 reps right now that are better out of the box, than modded counterparts with $800 worth of work. Ultimately, if people think they are too expensive , they won't buy them. But from what I see , good reps get sold out in a few days after release. So something isn't jiving with your theory.