• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How reliable are the tourbillon Breguet replicas?

watchcollector

Renowned Member
23/9/10
How reliable are the tourbillon Breguet replicas? I heard that the average life of such a replica is 1-2 years in the best case. Can they be serviced/repaired, or after 1-2 years the movement must be simply replaced?

catana1981

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
14/10/12
UK
Salut. Ma bucur sa mai gasesc un roman pasionat de ceasuri. As vrea sa ti raspund la intrebare dar n am avut niciodata un tourbillion.

watchcollector

Renowned Member
23/9/10
Hi, mate, glad to see a romanian here, too. But let's keep this thread in english, otherwise the admins will delete it. :)

md2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/7/12
With any movement it can be fixed Just finding that person to do it is the problem. With turbion movements, ive only read one review here and said it ran great but accuracy wasn't the best, it was off about 30 sec. It's a beautiful movement, youll end up staring at it and not worry about the time.

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
Most of the tourbillon movements found in reps are good quality and generally reliable. The downside is that it can be EXTREMELY difficult to find anyone to service them as they're very complex to work on (and sooner or later, it's going to need service - just like the gen).

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
From how many of those are selling I don't see to many people complaining about them, the movements seem to be assembled with a lot more care than the a7750 and oiled properly so it can hold you for many years. The timekeeping is spot on on mine +/- 5 sec/ day. But if it breaks your best bet is to have it sent back to the factory in China to have it fixed. I doubt you gonna find a local watchmaker that has experience or is willing to mess with one of those, all the watchmakers that I emailed to see if they are servicing something like that won't touch it.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
I don't think accuracy is something you really should be worrying about, anyone who can recognize the tells on a tourbillon replica, also knows that it'll cost upwards of $50K. Most of us probably can't pull that off anyway.

Also, the movement itself is quite a tell for a person familiar with the quality of finishing on a Swiss tourbillon.

DSC00636-1.jpg