• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

+15 secs per day on QC timer pic

fendushi

Known Member
12/7/06
Guys, just need your opinion...

A trusted dealer sent me QC pics of PAM111 v3 noob factory and it shows +15 secs per day on QC timer pic. I told the dealer I saw better timing on QC pics shown here and requested that if the dealer could make the timing better or change to another watch head. The dealer replies that its a replica movt and cannot make it any better.

I know there are only replicas and some dealer don't even send QC timer pic of the watch, but am I expecting too much?

Should I accept the watch?

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
+15 sec per day IMHO is acceptable, if you went for the Asian movement then you have to remember its a $40 movement:maty:

BrinEter

30/4/12
I wouldn't worry for these +15 secs per day . Get another one and maybe it will -5 secs per day. You would regret first one...

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
I think you are a bit unlucky as some are better, but it wouldn't worry me personally

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
It can be easily regulated to a better error, but dont expect 0.3 secs a day cos it simply wont happen.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Guys, just need your opinion...

A trusted dealer sent me QC pics of PAM111 v3 noob factory and it shows +15 secs per day on QC timer pic. I told the dealer I saw better timing on QC pics shown here and requested that if the dealer could make the timing better or change to another watch head. The dealer replies that its a replica movt and cannot make it any better.

I know there are only replicas and some dealer don't even send QC timer pic of the watch, but am I expecting too much?

Should I accept the watch?

15 secs a day is not bad for that movement. Take the watch and enjoy it!

smokiedabong

22/8/12
Close enough, the purpose of these watches is to look good, if they also show you the time, that's just a bonus :biglaugh:

If you see Kay

26/1/09
take it home and regulate it yourself. I recently bought a watch and it was a minute fast a day. I was early for work on Monday. WTF!!!!!. Regulated it a bit too much and then it was too slow. Seems to be just right now.

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
who actually wears a single watch enough that +15... or even 2-3 min a day even matters? I wear a watch for a day or two and rotate to another.. setting the time every time I pick a watch up.

tracyl

22/4/11
That is ok, but don't believe what is on the machine. I have my own regulator and one of my watches shows +22 a day, but when I wear it, it is actually -4 sec a day. You can easily regulate it yourself. Without a machine it just takes longer. I say get it!

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
Go ahead and get it as everyone else said
15 secs isn't bad at all I usually just stare at my watch because of pure beauty of it and elegance and usually tell the time on the computer since I'm on it most of the day

fendushi

Known Member
12/7/06
Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it! :)

I getting the watch sent... cant wait to wear it on my wrist! :lol:

Here are the QC pics: :wub::wub::wub:

Post1.jpg

Post2.jpg

Post3.jpg

Post4.jpg

Post5.jpg

Post6.jpg

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Looks great

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Frankly I never really understood the timer pics from dealers. The pics do not prove true accuracy anyway. It's not like they are timed in five positions plus hairsprings can fluctuate with temperature changes from China to who knows where. Just another dealer gimmick imho...Just enjoy the watch for what it is, it looks nice.

Lo08nyb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/12
Hi mate where did you buy this watch from? I am really considering this as my next watch as it is just amazing to look at!

Many thanks