• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DSN PAM 024A bought April 2012 (mini photo shoot)

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
I've been meaning to take photos and share with you the PAM 024A that I bought from DSN last April 2012, this would probably be considered as one of his "new born" and latest version of the PAM 024A.

A friend PM'ed me on how's the build quality of this rep, so instead of describing him how it looks like, I decided to take some time and shoot photos of the watch. He also offered to buy the 024A to which I politely replied "hmmm let me think about it." :D

PAM 024A 44mm polished steel case
- Bi-directional polished bezel 12 clicks
- Sapphire crystal with date magnifier
- Nice and thich datewheel
- Black dial with vintage-style lume markers
- Asian 7750 automatic movement
- Closed caseback with Paneral engravings
- 24mm vintage style strap from Jose Maria of CBSTRAP (Spain)

Here are the photos, enjoy!

DSNPAM024A_01.jpg

DSNPAM024A_02.jpg

DSNPAM024A_03.jpg

DSNPAM024A_04.jpg

DSNPAM024A_05.jpg

DSNPAM024A_06.jpg

DSNPAM024A_07.jpg

DSNPAM024A_08.jpg

DSNPAM024A_09.jpg

DSNPAM024A_010.jpg

DSNPAM024A_011.jpg

A friend of mine saw this during one impromptu gtg and commented that the crown placement is still not centered and is placed low in relation to the CG. The bezel pearl lume application has spillovers, the sapphire crystal is clear even without any AR coating.

Other than that, I don't know how accurate is this with its gen counterpart, but all I can say is that this is a well made rep that screams quality all over. And this is out-of-the-box quality, no modifications have been done in this rep.

kaniel

Renowned Member
28/10/10
Thanks for the review and the potos!

PM with the price shipped and paypaled...
:whistle:

Rwolf

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/5/12
I like it! I hope to see a Noob version soon

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
Thanks for the review and the potos!

PM with the price shipped and paypaled...
:whistle:

Thanks my friend, glad you like the photos. The caseback engraving is not as deep as the H-fac or noobfac PAMs, but good enough.

still thinking bud... :whistle: :lol:

Relaxman

Renowned Member
3/8/06
Looks really good. Been a long time since I've owned a DSN I may have to reconsider. Seems in that past I would have a hard time getting thicker straps to fit because the lugs were shorter. Does this seem to be the case anymore ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
Looks really good. Been a long time since I've owned a DSN I may have to reconsider. Seems in that past I would have a hard time getting thicker straps to fit because the lugs were shorter. Does this seem to be the case anymore ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Not familiar with older DSN reps as this is my first and only order from him so far, the strap I'm using is at least 5mm thick and it doesn't have any issue fitting in.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi madcatlancelot
This is a good pictorial of a nice watch.
I think we would need to reconsider the current seemingly better qualkity of DSN replicas in order to update the PAM GUIDE.

I'm going to include the link of this thread in the PAM GUIDE of DSN 024

MANY thanks for your good job

ALE

kaniel

Renowned Member
28/10/10
Finally you have made me pull the trigger with DSN :facepalm:

Just ordered .:pam:

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
@kaniel: congrats bud :lol:

@ash: I remember yours from the FS thread, time to grab another one?

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
I have three DSNs watches and love them all. I was seconds away from getting his 024A but went for the Noob 243 when he said that his 024A was not the 'reborn' version. He did tell me the 'reborn' would be out in the new year (2013). Seeing pictures of yours, I can't imagine how a 'newborn' could possibly be any better. My God that's a gorgeous watch. Definitely at the top of the list. Congratulations.

Out of curiosity, will Davidsen supply a watch without the cyclops if one were to ask? One of the reasons I like the new generation 305 et al is because Panerai has dropped the cyclops. It cleans up the look, in my opinion. Yes, I know it would then not be an accurate 024A, but I suspect it would be gorgeouser :lol:

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
@kaniel: congrats bud :lol:

@ash: I remember yours from the FS thread, time to grab another one?

yup bro, sold mine to someone in EU iirc, spent like 600++ on mods and a new caseset from dsn. spin said that dsn's newborn crowns are really very good, even better than T48's.

maybe will wait for next year to see if there are newer releases, my constant gripe is still the position of the CG off-centre, other than that, the watch is really perfect.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
my constant gripe is still the position of the CG off-centre, other than that, the watch is really perfect.

And it is the same with this watch in this mini review, either the crown position or the CG can be improved by making it more center.

I actually took a chance on getting the 024A when DSN started to post his new 170 and 106D. I thought if these similar reps have the nice datewheel, the 024A should have the same too.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
I have three DSNs watches and love them all. I was seconds away from getting his 024A but went for the Noob 243 when he said that his 024A was not the 'reborn' version. He did tell me the 'reborn' would be out in the new year (2013). Seeing pictures of yours, I can't imagine how a 'newborn' could possibly be any better. My God that's a gorgeous watch. Definitely at the top of the list. Congratulations.

Out of curiosity, will Davidsen supply a watch without the cyclops if one were to ask? One of the reasons I like the new generation 305 et al is because Panerai has dropped the cyclops. It cleans up the look, in my opinion. Yes, I know it would then not be an accurate 024A, but I suspect it would be gorgeouser :lol:

Thanks bud! :thumbsup:

kaniel

Renowned Member
28/10/10
Oooooooohh!

Wait wait wait!!!

I just realize that on the bezel the numeral markers are "30" , "30" & "45" instead of "15", "30" & "45"...

Where is your "15" ?? :facepalm:

DSNPAM024A_05.jpg

DSNPAM024A_06.jpg

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Oooooooohh!

Wait wait wait!!!

I just realize that on the bezel the numeral markers are "30" , "30" & "45" instead of "15", "30" & "45"...

Where is your "15" ?? :facepalm:

WTF??? Did not see it too.

Had to check my DSN at once! Phew...mine´s OK :lol:

DSC_1655.jpg