• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM111 Damaged!

DaleCozy

Horology Curious
30/9/12
Riding home from work today and my PAM111 has flew off my wrist at 30mph! I was wondering if there is anything that can be done with this movement or anything?
3y2y8equ.jpg

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
In all likelihood the movement is damaged/destroyed as well... :sad:

However, looking at the dial, you will be better off if surfing our Trusted Dealer section and buy a decent 111. Believe me, they are much nicer ;)

md2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/7/12
Yea just easy crystal swap and refinishing of the case, and the movement if it runs it might be ok, you would have to take a close look at it.

You break'em I Fix'em

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Yeah I would junk it and buy a new rep
From the pics the newest reps are better quality than what u had pre incident so maybe a blessing in disguise

krakar

Known Member
31/10/11
Is this a Price Angels PAM111? Because i believe this is a 036, and i have had the same. I would recommend buying a new rep, this is not worth your trouble. Got my hands on a PAM005 due to fortunate raffle business on the forum and it is so much nicer. Cannot begin to describe it.

IMO get a decent used one in m2m sales

sumiter7

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/12
Is this a Price Angels PAM111? Because i believe this is a 036, and i have had the same. I would recommend buying a new rep, this is not worth your trouble. Got my hands on a PAM005 due to fortunate raffle business on the forum and it is so much nicer. Cannot begin to describe it.

IMO get a decent used one in m2m sales

Yeah, it actually does look like the PA PAM. The writing is that of 036, but the lume and the rest are those of 111.
I know it's a loss and it should be sad, but hey, it wasn't an expensive watch that cost ya 500 bucks!
Try the N/H factories' pams or the Vac Pams.. so worth it.

burg650

Known Member
23/9/12
I know too well about loosing a watch that you like, for me this June I had a motorcycle accident and I was wearing a gen Breitling Bentley GMT that is a total loss. I am sure if the movement is still working it should be repairable and as so many other has said it might be better to just buy a new one.

DaleCozy

Horology Curious
30/9/12
Yeah that's it really, it's a price angels watch yeah only £40 but it ran smooth never lost time! The movement isn't damaged or anything still works, Just looking around now for a new rep! Is watchden.biz a trusted dealer? I fancy the U-Boat Italo Fontana!

md2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/7/12
Riding home from work today and my PAM111 has flew off my wrist at 30mph! I was wondering if there is anything that can be done with this movement or anything?
3y2y8equ.jpg

It's rather easy to refinish a case, all you need is some different grades of sand paper some polishing paste buffing wheel and some time. I do all my cases.

You break'em I Fix'em

CoolRob

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/10
It would be fun trying to fix it. I would try to fix it myself. I always have fun fixing watch and it feels great when mission accomplished :)

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

DaleCozy

Horology Curious
30/9/12
It only really needs a crystal, so this is a 111 case would a 111 crystal fit?

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
sell it on repgeek as vintage haha
LOL, it would be sold in a half hour.

DaleCozy, don't get rid of it if you get a new watch. Get yourself some watch repair tools and learn how to disassemble/reassemble that mov't, r&r hands, dial, etc.