• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick qn: Will the clark crystal fit trevor's explorer 1 (114270)??

replica_noob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/12
Looking to get a replacement crystal since the rep one comes with a oh-so-obvious LEC. :(

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
I also would like to know the answer, as I am considering buying Trevor's watch.

That said, what I can indeed say is this - I own Josh's version of the watch and even though it is visible, once you start wearing the watch you completely forget it is there. It doesn't jump out at you in real life like it does in macro pics. You can easily see it when you hold the watch up to your face and look at 6:00 of course, because it is very apparent compared to the gen, which is practically impossible to see even with a loupe, but the average person would never see it because they aren't looking for it.

When it is on your wrist you have to turn your wrist in just the right way to get it to be visible. Otherwise it literally just blends in with the steel bezel and black dial face. You honestly just look right through it or it is hidden in contrasting colors and shapes and you don't notice it.

I am looking at mine on my wrist right now and I cannot even see it. That's at normal "what time is it" distance. Holding the watch in your hand, however, you see it easily as you rotate the face around in the light.

sumiter7

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/12
Why not ask Trevor if his explorer can take gen crystal? If yes, I'm sure the Clark will fit as well.

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
I have a 114270 from MR. I have no idea what other dealers sell this model. Anyhow, it appears to be gen construction, so it's just a matter of size. If someone can tell me what Clarks crystal to get, I'll be the guinea pig and report back.