• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best way to separate a sandwich dial?

Calibre16

31/1/12
Hi guys, I have a dial on the way from Hong Kong, and when I get it, the plan is to separate the two plates and use the new backplate with an older front plate I already have.

So, how do I do this without damaging the lume? I read somewhere that if you heat the dial up, the glue will loosen it's strength and it will be easier to separate the two plates. However, I don't really know how to do this. If I put the dial in the oven or on the stove for a short while, I'm afraid the white lume might become yellow or something, and I really don't want that to happen.

So basically, how do I separate the two plates as easy as possible, without damaging the lume?

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
I use a very small watch screwdriver and push it from the edge to the cannon hole IN BETWEEN the markers therefore you won't touch the lume.

A knife will almost certainly get some lume. Just slowly go around and do each section over and over till it pops. ;)