• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3714 servicing

dipsetforevr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/11
I just purchased a 3714 and wanted to get the movement serviced when I receive it. I would like to get it serviced in the states so I can get it back quicker. Is there anyone that could do this? Also would a local watch maker be able to do this, if so what specifically would I ask for? Just a service? Sorry for the newb question but never owned a watch with this movement before. Thanks!

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Vac or Speedy G, for CONUS. I've used both, and they're both top notch.

fixen

Renowned Member
3/4/11
Why service it when you get it?
Better to wear it until something is wrong with it and then send it for service :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prancuzas

Renowned Member
6/3/12
Why service it when you get it?
Better to wear it until something is wrong with it and then send it for service :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"wrong" is just round the corner and it might be too late then ;)

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
For this specific movement to be reliable you'll need to find a unicorn and have it piss on the modified gear

dipsetforevr

7/1/11
I understand that the movement is sketchy and willing to take the risk.....have heard many feedbacks stating a service will help

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
I understand that the movement is sketchy and willing to take the risk.....have heard many feedbacks stating a service will help

You'll find a lot of contradicting answers about servicing this movement.

Whether it's better to service right off the bat or when it begins to become problematic, you'll find that different people have different reasons for either case. Nothing conclusive. Sorry.

wildfire2004

12/7/12
I would go for the 3 jewel fix - much longer lasting. I dont know why these rep makers do not apply it by default.

cubicle_monkey

13/10/12
I would go for the 3 jewel fix - much longer lasting. I dont know why these rep makers do not apply it by default.

I read that the new improved movements have the 3 jewel fix by default? Is there any truth to this? I would love to have a 3714. Worst case scenario, buy one from a TD with a long warranty.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08

Not sure any of our modders are actively doing the three jewel fix anymore.

You seem to know a lot about it, have you had it done?

Wilazn

Renowned Member
21/12/11

Simple. $$$$. The factories don't care as long as you buy it.

From what I've read, the Teflon mod helps easy the stress on the gears at 6 but its not a permanent fix. Just extend the time bomb count down. I think Domi did the added jewels mod?

rookee

Looking Around
17/7/12
@wildfire: I wonder what the results are after domis work. did you already got it back?

wildfire2004

12/7/12
Well sir. Domi still has it. Its been well over 6 weeks. I have had to wait becuase of the backlog. I am hoping to get it back in the 10 days or so, will let everyone know.

pier8387

Horology Curious
22/8/11
Well sir. Domi still has it. Its been well over 6 weeks. I have had to wait becuase of the backlog. I am hoping to get it back in the 10 days or so, will let everyone know.

please keep us posted.
btw,where is this Domi?
Does he still mod watches? I'm planing get 1. Searching for moders.

vdubgrub

19/2/07
Domi only does this mod for EU customers due to customs problems :((((