• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Super-rep" for less popular brands

achtung

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/10
I understand a super-rep is a close 1:1 appearance and functionality of a rep to a gen.

The question I guess is, outside of Panerai, Hublot and the Bell & Ross 03-88, are there other brands like IWC, Breitling etc which have models that can boast the same likeness to their originals.

I was quite interested in a IWC Top Gun V2 but for the price (700+) there are too many flaws that would justify the price.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Um....you can get the TG V2 for $300+ iirc. 700+ is for "swiss" movement.....

m3nster

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/10
United States
There are plenty; the concord c1, the chopard gtxl 2007, paul picot ctype.. I like those unknown (to most) brand myself. Do a search on super rep you will see a list

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
how bout this?

zQozfl.jpg

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
IWC 3717
Tag Carrera Racing
Lots of Other Tags (Link Chrono, etc etc)
Omega 5th gen PO
TC Rolex Sub
A good few Breitlings (BCE etc etc)
AP Diver V3
Ebel Discovery Chrono
JLC Navy seals Diver

There may not all be super super reps but each one will take a person very very familiar with the brand and the watch to even suspect it's a rep.
Things are really good these days with the choice of 95%+ reps.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Ebel discovery is another one, almost impossible to come by now tho. It's almost perfect in fact, it's mostly gen.

achtung

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/10
Thank you for the replies, I'll try to do some reading on the suggestions given!

I actually registered two years ago, bought two reps but was slightly turned off as one rep arrived with the hour hand not attached properly. :D

Anyways it seems so much has changed in this time.