• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's the best Royal Oak currently available?

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
So, I'm trying to figure out which Royal Oak (Jumbo, probably) is the best one currently available? One with an sw-200 is a plus. I know there are MBWs and ones available through guys like Angus and Toro, just don't know which one is generally considered the best. Build quality and finish is more important than minor inaccuracies to me, as this is for my dad and he's not a WIS or forum member.

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
Is that one still available? Looks like that thread is a little dated. Anyone else have suggestions? A link to a model on pt's website would be helpful.

D

d4m.test

That link I posted to that dated thread I'm fairly certain is the same as the above pt links.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
yes, I bought that eta model - not the sw200 one

the builds on the sw200 are rubbish

I sold the watch because I couldnt swap the bracelet to leather

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Wat44, can you not swap the leather bracelets on? I'm assuming not as the leather strap ones seem to be 38mm instead of 39mm.

hscouk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/12
Hi, I am also looking for a royal oak jumbo but would really like a white or grey dial with a brown leather strap.....the ultimate editions on Puretime only seem to come with a steel bracelet, so are there any other options available? I would really like a white face if this was ever made in the jumbo size? Sorry if I have jumped on the thread but I am totally new and really want a 1:1 AP royal oak jumbo on leather and this thread seemed like it was covering my question......

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
You have to buy it on leather, you can't swap it from SS to leather - the reps are made different sizes.

There is a rumour that a new Royal Oak is coming

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
No idea. But it's likely to be a wait. I waited 2 years for the first one I bought,...