• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which 112?

lason

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/12
Hey everyone. I seem to have caught the PAM bug and could use some guidance from those more knowledgeable than myself. I'm thinking of ordering a PAM 112M from Trevor but he has two of them, one is $158 and the other is $235. What makes the price so different, the movement? Is the one that's $77 more that much better? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi lason
When you ask a question like that is better include the links to the dealer in order to get no wrong and easier replies.
Please links !
ALE

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
It's because one is by the h factory and the other is from the Noob factory.

The noob is superior and is worth the price imo

bronica

Advisor
Advisor
6/5/12
The N-Fac is better but the H-Fac is better value for money IMO. As with most products, it is expensive to get that little upgrade to your model.

rols16610

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/4/12
I have the noob factory one and it is a very nice watch, quality feels excellent on it.

bronica

Advisor
Advisor
6/5/12
What makes the upgrade little?

Honestly not sure on all the exact differences, but they are little for someone who wants a Panerai without nitpicking at the small differences compared to a gen. For someone who has pride in their collection and takes this hobby seriously, they would buy the Noob Fac.

Personally i bought the H-Fac, i think there is no difference in the movement being low and hi beat when there is only hour/minute hand. The H-Fac is also a 1:1 AFAIK, at least i one i bought was. The H-Fac also has its own differences that are closer to gen that the Noob doesn't have, and vice versa. There is a huge thread on this detailing the small differences. Personally, i couldn't see myself justifying that difference as it is 50% more of the price. I do this hobby for enjoyment, if i were to nitpick at all the small differences in gen for every rep i have, i could not be happy and could not enjoy this. Just buy the watch you know will be happy with, wear it and have fun.

edit: 112 post count. Sign? :yoda:

Rwolf

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/5/12
If you read the guides you will discover the differences ;)