• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Should I sell it

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Just getting everyone's opinion on if I should sell this. Thinking of selling it to free up funds. It has all the best parts and just needs a jakob cb (still using a 111j caseback. I never did the prev lugs as I hate changing straps with them. It's mounted on a Mario paci green shark (300 from elliot). Crown tube has been rounded to fit the crown.

Specs are as follows:
111J case
FGD dial
Ziggy lumed
FGD hands
H1 cannon pin
Goin v2 cg
T48
Kusivart colorless AR crystal
Getat movement
Dsn movement plates

All in I have well over 800 in it and it took many probably five or six previous builds to be happy with this one and I'd be letting it go for like 150 less than my cost.

So what do you guys think? List my last pre-v or keep her? Btw this is not a sales ad and if I do sell it I will list it :)

I'm thinking of putting the funds towards a 111 or ap Diver

IMG_20120203_171400.jpg

IMG_20120203_171345.jpg

rolex69

Renowned Member
4/8/10
USA
The ap diver v3 is unbelievable
I bought a second for my son and tomorrow they both go off to speedy for Lume
Service and wr
With the Swiss Selita movement there is no reason to spend 15k
Coincidentally I sold 2 gen watches to a guy in NY who was wearing it and the reps are perfect in comparison

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Well...if you don't wear and it just sits in a box, you should probably sell it and pick up something you will wear and enjoy.

waterluver

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/7/11
tough question--i try to never sell but if it's not getting wrist time and something else will then maybe so

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
If its taken you 5 or 6 previous builds to get this one just right, then i would probably keep it.

111 or AP divers are ready to wear straight out of the box so you shouldnt have a problem finding one anytime in the future.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
It took me many builds over probably two years.

The problem is now it's built its a box queen and I never wear it. I'm always afraid of messing it up.

So leave it and never wear it or get a cool watch I can Rock?

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Lol why spell check spell checks rock for Rock is beyond me.

Guess it's time to sell it

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Keep it and wear the damn thing!

The one thing I would sell is the strap to help pay for the diver. ;)

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
LOL thats the thing I don't want to mess it up. PLUS I'm young man I can't rock a 50k watch

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
How many people have you EVER met that didn't belong to a replica forum know how much a Pre cost? Even if they picked out the Pam, it's a base 44mm to well over 75% of guys that even own Gen panerai. ;)

Keep it, it's lovely.

Sell that strap and get that Jacob CB you need.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Don't tell anyone but I want to branch out from pams

Shhhhh

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
COLDI..., you won't branch out of PAM's. Once you sell all your builds, you'll just come back all over again!.... and start building ....again.

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
COLDI, it might seem a very wise decision to make some money out of your precious "box Queen", however you cannot get back the joy of building and completing a project like this, EVER.

This shall be a keeper as it is and try to put it into your rotation. At least that's what I'd do, since the work put into it is worth MUCH more than you can get.

Just my opinion, but letting go something like this would backfire after a couple months and you'd be dying to get it back. We've all seen this before ;-)

Rwolf

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/5/12
It's a good build (I dont agree with the choice to use a 111j case, The 5218 is totally different). If you like it, take it. If you are bored, sell it. You will take a new one and some bucks in the pocket

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
It's a good build (I dont agree with the choice to use a 111j case, The 5218 is totally different). If you like it, take it. If you are bored, sell it. You will take a new one and some bucks in the pocket

Out of curiosity which case would you have used? Once the crown tube is rounded I think it's the best case. No strap dimples and thick lugs.