• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I am sorry everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Mate, all the guys who triangle ship I am aware of are forum members, who better?

You have no idea of the breadth and depth of my pals in high (and low) places my friend.
having moderated fora over the years with a total of well over 300k people plus my former occupation I have picked up a long list of "interesting" contacts, some of whom are not very nice people and some are placed so high you would have trounie believing me if I told you (you would be surprised to learn of some we have right here at RWI). If I don't know a suitable person someone I know does.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Allow me to offer the best advice anyone will find on this forum:

DON'T PISS OFF THIS GUY.

;)

What you think I didnt know that? Haha think again.

I just feel bad for Q that's all.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
there is a LOT of innuendo up above. Some suggestion of QQ keeping the watches for himself and saying they were confiscated by police. thats quite a thing to say IF hes innocent and was trying to help others out...

still, I know, stranger things have happened...

but the benefit of the doubt?

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
If they're going to get a search warrant for his house and confiscate his computer, I'd say they would be planning on putting him away for a very long time for a very minimal charge. I'm sure the Bulgarian police have better things to do with their time. He's already admitted to everything anyway. Doesn't sound like there's anything here that he hasn't already told them.

Really, if that's what you (or he's) worried about, wouldn't it be better to just delete whatever is on his computer? Or give his computer to someone to hold for a while

I wasn't worried about anything. I was just clarifying what I think was being suggested. No one would think they would just start a blind search and happen to end up here. I was just pointing out a way that would probably be more realistic than what you suggested.

Submarinerd

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/9/12
I don't post much here, just lurk and learn, BUT

This story totally smells of watch scam.

15 packages?

7 days back and forth to the post office about all kinds of additional crap??

"Then a couple of days ago I get a call from a man from customs (which I thought was odd since customs have nothing to do with the postal services) saying that he knew about the case and that we should meet and talk about it.We did meet, and naive me told him about most of the stuff that is going on and what he basically wanted was a bribe for which he would release the packages to me and we could start doing this for future packages." ????

4 men from police fighting with organized crime were waiting for me outside??? 4 Cops do deal with a watch trafficker?

. I have spent the last days being interrogated like I'm a ******* terrorist and like a scum. ???? over fake watches?

?????

Sounds like 15 free watches for QQ...

crossbones

I'm Pretty Popular
3/6/10
I don't post much here, just lurk and learn, BUT

This story totally smells of watch scam.

15 packages?

7 days back and forth to the post office about all kinds of additional crap??

"Then a couple of days ago I get a call from a man from customs (which I thought was odd since customs have nothing to do with the postal services) saying that he knew about the case and that we should meet and talk about it.We did meet, and naive me told him about most of the stuff that is going on and what he basically wanted was a bribe for which he would release the packages to me and we could start doing this for future packages." ????

4 men from police fighting with organized crime were waiting for me outside??? 4 Cops do deal with a watch trafficker?

. I have spent the last days being interrogated like I'm a ******* terrorist and like a scum. ???? over fake watches?

?????

Sounds like 15 free watches for QQ...

+10000000

That is what I was hinting at with my last post.

Why do you guys blindly follow some guy with a story like this?

Because he has a high post count?

I could be soooooo wrong here but this thing smells like BS to me.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Yes it's quite a wild tale but I just like to give the benefit of the doubt to long term members before throwing them under the bus. If it's a scam, it won't be the first that's for sure.

Are there any updates here as to what is going on?

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Yes it's quite a wild tale but I just like to give the benefit of the doubt to long term members before throwing them under the bus. If it's a scam, it won't be the first that's for sure.

Are there any updates here as to what is going on?

tumblr_ll9hngO7pK1qdv1k21.gif

Although this scenario has a slight ring of familiarity to it regarding another long term and respected member........I too am willing to give the benefit of the doubt till proven otherwise.
respect-051.gif

sumiter7

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/12
Well 15 packages doesn't mean 15 watches.. I'd think it would be 2-3 watches per package, and I'm guessing around 30 watches in total. Even if you average 150 per, they add up to a hefty amount of money--$4,500. So the motivations are there.
Yet, I agree with some, that I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially he's a long time member on this forum.

That being said, no matter how this turns out, Puretime has taken a hit. Not only are they out $4,500 worth of merchandise, they will probably have to re-send the watches to the buyers. Usually, when a company takes a financial hit, the customers take on and eventually end up paying for the damages.

So yeah, this sucks ass big time.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
just here to say
stay strong QQ!
u are a good member and friend and i hope everything is going good!

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I would like to make it clear for you guys how does the post work in the eastern and especially ex soviet countries. Just for you to understand, because it may seem odd that a guy gets into so much trouble for 15 packages. It will be a long read so get some cookies and a cup of coffee.

I would like to say first that i do not know QQ personally and i have never dealt with him, but living in a country which is similar in many aspects to Bulgaria i wanted to clarify some of the things that are common for us "easterns" and probably not that understandable for you guys who have the luxury to be born and live in countries which were not under soviet rule or influence.

We as already sovereign countries still have inherited lots of processes from the USSR. Now hopefully the things are starting to change slightly but it is a long way to go. So here how does the post service work in my country. EACH package is scanned or OPENED and examined by the customs, then if the customs officer considers that the value of the items in the parcel may exceed the value of 200 euros including the postage fees, that parcel is not delivered to the local post office but is distributed to the central postal office which has a customs department. Instead of a parcel i get a paper from the post office, which tells me that my parcel arrived to the central office. When i get to take my parcel i have to talk to the customs officer in a special small room, where my parcel is opened once again and the officer which is on duty that day, once again examines the contents of my parcel. If he considers that the value exceeds 200 euros, i have to pay 20% + some additional fees, but if i have an invoice for that item which clearly shows that the price is lower that 200 euros and also a document from the bank with wet stamp for that transaction the officer will let me go without paying those aforementioned fees. The laws in my country permit the officer to put in doubt the authenticity of the documents presented by me, and he could still freeze the parcel if he believes the real value exceeds 200E, for example if he sees a nice rolex with full package with an invoice for 150 euros he has the right to freeze that package at the office. Back in my first years of buying from ebay i have made a mistake of ordering 2 gold plated Rotary watches, which were sent to me in one parcel, i have paid something like 50 pounds for watches and postage combined, but the customs officer would not believe me. He have opened the parcel in my presence, saw 2 golden watches in nice plastic boxes and the bells rang in his mind, he was on the verge of making some money on a stupid kid. I was arguing with him for an hour and till i have threatened him that i will call his superior and basically lied that the watches were actually for my friend who is a guy with "connections" he said "ok i will write in the form that these are 2 used watches" and he let me go with the watches.

There was another case when i got 3 parcels (the first one was a watch, the second were shoes and the third one were 2 timex watches) in one month and every time when i went to take them, i ran into the same customs officer, so on the third occasion the guy threatened to inform the organized crime and corruption fighting police (now how ridiculous is that) about the fact that i get too many watches which makes him think they are for commercial activity (i.e. for sale) and not for personal use. That time i told him to go on and do that crazy stuff and that i did not care at all, i have told him to just write and sign officially the cause of not releasing the parcel. I guess he understood how silly it would look and let me go.

So these guys try by all means to make some money on every possible occasion. If i have got 15 parcels with watches at once in my country, i would be in the deepest sh*t. But bulgarian customs guys are even smarter, they have organized a full scale show with police and so on. The only goal they pursue in this situation is to extort as much money as they can, and of course they get a nice bonus of quality watches which will miraculously disappear from the evidence stocks in a month or 2 and nobody will look for them, or even simpler they will be marked as destroyed.

So once again i tend to believe that all that story was a set up by the ingenious customs guy. Now the cheapest way would be to find a guy in that police department (or a lawyer) who could calm the spirits down for a compensation.

I wish QQ good luck, and i hope everything turns out well

Addison

Horology Curious
24/9/12
Hey dear why you say sorry about this i am not fully understand with this so i am asking to you that why are you saying sorry in this thread

tictac0566

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/08
I don´t know.

I kept reading this thread over a couple of days, and I must admit I do have a shadow of a doubt, too.

As a matter of fact, I made quite a lot of business with Eastern Europe countries, including Bulgaria. About this country, there is a proverb which goes like this: "Every country has its mafia, in case of Bulgaria, the mafia has its country".

Doing business in some Eastern countries included, to some extent, personal protection in the form of bodyguards. The boss of a major customer in Bulgaria is a former officer of the secret service. He drives the most expensive cars, and behaves exactly like mafia guys in movies. He even tried to buy women from my staff for $20´000 per night.

Another boss of another major customer was a high officer in his nations customs office. His overall behavior is not far away from the guy I mentioned above.

Now, I believe many people know what is going on behind the scenes in Bulgaria and other Eastern Europe countries. Either the OP is really deadly naive, or this story is indeed a scam. I mean, either you are part of the mafia, or you get your "punishment" for not following unwritten, but strict rules of the people who are controlling the grey business and the black market activities. Which includes, of course, rep watches.

Just my 2 cents.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Let's keep the supposition to ourselves until we know exactly what has transpired shall we? No pitchforks and torches yet please.

In fact, for now I'm locking this.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oke, just as an update, I now have docs from QQ which we will now have translated.
For the time being the fire under the tarpot can be let die and the feathers packed away.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Since the Boss opened this back up I'm gonna give my feelings on this.

Q, whatever happened I feel bad for you and I hope you the best. I don't think for one second you did anything wrong, your a long term member here and I support you.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Since the Boss opened this back up I'm gonna give my feelings on this.

Q, whatever happened I feel bad for you and I hope you the best. I don't think for one second you did anything wrong, your a long term member here and I support you.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.