• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

got a gen pearl - where to source a good insert?

iamdudi

Known Member
19/3/11
hi to all,
i have not been here for a while as i've been too busy with other projects and left my franken 42 waiting. i got gen dial + hands + pearl. i plan to get a crystal of course and the bezel cause it somewhat buggs me.

now that i see wholesaleoutlet99 is gone off ebay - where can i get a nice bezel insert (the rep one is nice but the pearl sits too low in the triangle of course)

is there any other option besides getting a complete gen bezel for the insert? that's 256$ i'd love to save...

anyone?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
wholesaleoutlet99 is gone? Are you sure? I still can see they have some...

Anyway there a few other dealers on ebay with inserts, just do a serach and they will appear, i dont remember though anyone buying from them.

You have to be very lucky to find an insert alone so i don't think there is another way to get it besides getting the whole bezel.

In what model exactly are you interested?

iamdudi

Known Member
19/3/11
hey Me Pap, thanks for the quick reply.
i'm interested in a 42 bezel, why in the world can't i find it i wouldn't know.
can you please point me to a link?

is there a known modder i can send the pearl to and he can fit it on a wholesaleoutlet99 bezel? this thing i holding the build, I'm starting the get frustraited with all this.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08

TheCold

15/8/09
Im not sure this applies to the 42mm, but ofr the 45mm I ordered a new insert from watchinternational and the pearl was a perfect fit. This because the wholesaleoutlet inserts didnt have such a tight fit as the rep bezel inserts.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Im not sure this applies to the 42mm, but ofr the 45mm I ordered a new insert from watchinternational and the pearl was a perfect fit. This because the wholesaleoutlet inserts didnt have such a tight fit as the rep bezel inserts.

That's the feedback we all wanted to hear!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

kmac

2/2/09
Other than everyone hitting up omega_guy does anyone know where to get the gen pearl?

iamdudi

Known Member
19/3/11
hi to all,
Some people were curious why post a question and on the same day decide to sell the parts. i realised the reason i did not complete the build was that this watch was never the one for me.
I need to get myself another omega, maybe a seamaster.

thanks for all the help.

TheCold

15/8/09
Other than everyone hitting up omega_guy does anyone know where to get the gen pearl?

Best place is to search ebay for used seamaster inserts and than just remove the pearl from the insert when you get it :) Sometimes you can get the inserts really cheap, at least I did when sunny dale spotted one for me :D

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I've actually never seen a gen pearl for sale on its own before - has anyone? The best route to follow - like TheCold mentioned above is find a used Omega Seamaster bezel on eBay or even the "watch parts and accessories" section here on RWI. Watchuseek has also been very useful for me. You pop the gen pearl out of the used insert (you find them for $100.00 or so) and slap it onto a wholesaleoutlet insert. Its a pretty simple mod like Mr. Pap mentioned...

The other thing is ignore the guys selling their bezels on eBay for $250- $400 "Buy Now." Those are the auctions that never more or sell...You will find used bezels being auctioned "as is" all the time and they end up selling at a fraction of the retail price...

I picked up my 42mm PO bezel which has a light scruff at 5 o'clock for $100.00CDN on ebay and my 45mm PO bezel in NEW condition on WUS for $150CDN...

a8a3ujev.jpg

My recent addition...coolnwows heavily worn UPO super franken. I cleaned her completely up and installed a gen insert. Looks fantastic....
7aqe5u9a.jpg

pe3a6eny.jpg

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
My recent addition...coolnwows heavily worn UPO super franken. I cleaned her completely up and installed a gen insert. Looks fantastic....
7aqe5u9a.jpg

Sweet! I was looking at that, but I can't have any more PO's :) ...looks great, nice pickup!