• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Top gun v2 crown

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
Hi,

I'm one of the unlucky who has stripped my tg v2 crown.

I've been patiently waiting for my dealer to source a new crown but he says that the factory doesn't have spares???

Is there anyone who can recommend me another dealer with the crown in stock?

Thanks

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
There is also another solution for you, convert the screwing crown to a pull crown. I saw that somewhere in one of the forum and found it a good idea ;)

You can find the link on another forum of a sale that talk about this :
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=179495

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
Eric,

Any link? I've done a search at Rwi but it's probably not on the forum.

Thanks.

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
@OP - if your watch is going to be a keeper, you might want to consider installing gen tube and stem for better durability. If your current one has stripped, likely any replica spares that you get will eventually strip, too.

I've been away from the forums for a number of months, but back when I was around, there was Concepta, Texskii and/ or Hacra who could help source gen IWC parts, and I know Texski could install it for you, as he did it for me.

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
For mine, 3-4 months. But this isn't really an accurate indication of how long it will last, IMHO.

My problem was, I did not wear it day to day and didn't have a watch winder, so, everytime I picked it up, I had to adjust the time, and hence, unscrew crown and screw back crown....so that probably contributed to the problem.....but, I guess it's a problem shared by a lot of other owners, as you can see from the forum.

spookyztempe

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/11
damnn 3-4 months is a very short period of time. do other reps have the same problem, ie the 3717? and when the crown strips, can you still adjust the time?
almost pulled a trigger on 3789, but with this, maybe not so soon.

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Hmmm....never heard of this problem with the 3717. Maybe the 3717 owners can chime in.

Also, please note, as I said, it's because I kept unscrewing and screwing....so that most probably sped up the the problem. If you wear it everyday with no need to adjust the time/ date, etc....it'll probably last you longer.

But, yeah, even stripped, you can still adjust the time. You just cant screw it back in, and it sticks out. I sold the damn thing to a friend, and he's been wearing it for the past....oohh... 1 year now. Every day. No problem at all. Haha....Crown sticks out, but it doesn't bother him, and he doesn't get it wet.

Do check out squar3pants thread, if you want to buy a spare crown.

damnn 3-4 months is a very short period of time. do other reps have the same problem, ie the 3717? and when the crown strips, can you still adjust the time?
almost pulled a trigger on 3789, but with this, maybe not so soon.

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
Thank you for the advise. I will check with the watch gurus.

My crown stripped within 2 weeks of purchase, but the TD has not been able to source me a new crown.

I was out of the forum for the past 2 weeks, or I would have bought from squarepants...