• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ceramic Radiomirs lug screw securing...

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
I am thinking of getting the new 292J or N (if they fix that dial), But was thinking... I have to loctite my 380's lug screws or they come out...

Loctite won't work on ceramic, no?

What would you all use?

Del

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
15/7/10
The screws are not ceramic and neither is the part of the case that they screw into so loctite will still work ok. ;)

The main ceramic case has an interior steel part - the two parts are glued together. It was the failure of the glue in some of the K versions that caused the case separation issues which rendered the watch virtually useless. The new versions (M onwards) did not have this issue.

:)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The screws are not ceramic and neither is the part of the case that they screw into so loctite will still work ok. ;)

The main ceramic case has an interior steel part - the two parts are glued together. It was the failure of the glue in some of the K versions that caused the case separation issues which rendered the watch virtually useless. The new versions (M onwards) did not have this issue.

:)

I cannot agree more!!
Well said Del
You are a cooperating PCTeam member
Thanks
ALE

msap7222

Known Member
28/3/11
I loctited my lug screws on my Radiomir - SFSG

Sent from my wife's iPad as she's asleep ZZZzzzz

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Locktite em anyway on all Rads. It just a good idea.

rpschumacher

Looking Around
2/11/12
I tried using those exact same ebay replacement pins, tubes and screws, but none of them fit my 292K. The angle of the pins doesn't work with the angle of the holes in my watch case. In other words, you can fit the tubes into the holes of the watch case, but the long part of the pins that slide into the watch strap are so far out of parallel with each other that you can't fit the watch strap onto them and you surely will never get the tubes onto the pins.

Likewise, the screws with the o-rings didn't fit or seat properly in the case. After several frustrating attempts, I put the watch back together with the original replica parts and then the ceramic part of the case separated from the steel part, and the front face ring popped off!! Now it sits in my desk drawer.

All this was because the pins kept coming loose (even though the screws were tightened down as much as they could go) and I thought some tubes would help to secure the pins. In the end, the tubes from this same ebay kit didn't even fit the replica pins.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
use a peace of a bic pen. I have a thread on it somewhere, I use it on my 380 and it works great.

markmelheim

Known Member
19/6/12
my 292 had one of the screw heads stripped, I purchased a new case off ebay and transplanted all the parts, Very happy with it now, it has a case back thats not branded is the only issue.

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
use a peace of a bic pen. I have a thread on it somewhere, I use it on my 380 and it works great.

Can you explain in greater detail?

I would love to figure out a way to secure the screws without Loctite.
Loctite defeats the whole concept of frequent and easy strap changes which is what sold me on Panerai to begin with.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Can you explain in greater detail?

I would love to figure out a way to secure the screws without Loctite.
Loctite defeats the whole concept of frequent and easy strap changes which is what sold me on Panerai to begin with.

You have all in this thread:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/message/1238028559/So,+Radiomir+owners,+are+you+tired+of+that+fiddly+little+collar-++How+about+a+fix-

5c.jpg

ALE