• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

help! should i settle for something non-genlike or insist in getting the gen-like one

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
hey guys, i'm facing a dilemma currently. i've placed order with one of the TDs here for an Omega Ladymatic SS watch with a Swiss Eta 2671-2 movement. however the TD offered me a gold plated one over the original nickel plated version on their website when sending me the QC pics. the TD claimed that the gold version cost more than the nickel one which im unsure off, can anyone advise me on this?

the issue is that the watch is a see-through caseback and that the gen is offered only in nickle plated finish and never with gold plated for this watch model. you can say that i'm quite particular with it, shelling out almost 400usd as this was the most genlike version offered even thou there are cheaper alternatives at lower price points.

so the question is... should i

1. settle for the gold plated movement since it can only be seen in via the caseback?
2. insist on a nickle plated movement instead and if i can't get it, request for a refund?

hope those who was in a similar predicament can help me decide on this...

Ash

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
For $400, I'd want what I'd asked for.

There are always times when TDs are going to offer you what they think is a superior product, and in this case, it is probably with the best of intentions as the gold plated movement looks 'more expensive'. If you want the gen style nickle plated one and they have it, insist on it if that is what you want.

If they can't get the nickle plated version (maybe ths is the only rep which uses it, so they are now just utilising a more common gold plated version?) then you have to decide if you want the watch or not!

Xtian

Renowned Member
13/4/12
If this were for your wrist, would you? I'd ask myself that question. $400 is steep price for a big tell rep.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
thanks for all the feedbacks and opinions, i've already informed the TD to help me source for the correct piece with nickel movement. hopefully they can revert back soon on the QC.

Regards
Ash

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
bro, why dont you go for a Rolex Ladies Datejust instead? :)

sorry i couldn't help you in your earlier query about the movement..

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
haha my missus doesnt like the rolex ladies watch designs, she prefer the ladymatic so ordered that for her. anyway no worries with it, i guess at most will just seek a refund instead.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I would insist on what I want, if the dealer can't supply that then thats ok, please refund.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yep, that ladymatic is a well replicated watch, if paying the full whack then insist on the best movement choice and not a compromise, if I'm not mistaken, these can be got much cheaper with the alternative shades of movement so it's a bit of a stretch to ask you to settle.