• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Pearl

killbill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/11
Damnit! Just looked at my PO and the pearl has gone.

That's 2 POs I've got now with the pearl missing.

is this a common problem?

Glock17

Renowned Member
26/3/12
dont know if its a common problem but doesent sound like fun :S

you can buy aftermarket bezel on ebay for like 20$ and they are perfect with centered pearl, but it whould need a small mod :)

thran

9/7/12

you can buy aftermarket bezel on ebay for like 20$ and they are perfect with centered pearl, but it whould need a small mod :)

is there a DIY for it?

MartyNC

Known Member
22/9/09

Sorry to be so lazy, but could you post a link for the bezel. I have searched hi and low, and cant find a bezel ring that didnt have the zit pearl, even for Omega. Any link or advice would be appreciated.

TheCold

15/8/09
Although these inserts are very good quality and have a centered pearl, one should know that the pearl is not gen like, it's more raised than the standard rep one (at least on the 45mm). What I also noticed is that it doesn't snap into the bezel. This leaves the insert sitting higher than the crystal which removes the "raised effect" of the crystal. As I said I dont know if this only applies to the 45mm but that's my experience!

If you can get a hold of a used seamaster insert with a pearl I would buy a new rep insert and just switch the pearl gluing it from behind on the 45mm it was a direct fit, maybe someone can clarify if it's the same with the 42mm :)