• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Om3ga_guy's Franken Sub

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Hey guys,

As some of you know, I spend most of my time in the Omega section. While I am busy building my SMP's I do carry a few other odd must have diver watches. One of them of course is the SUBMARINER...:lol:

I've went through a few WBKs, T4Ds and of course BKs. After months of buying, selling and modding I finally decided to obtain one and stick with it. I present to you what started off as a stock BK TW Submariner - it is now my "keeper" franken Submariner...

BK TW Submariner
1. Genuine Insert
2. Genuine crown and tube
3. Genuine crystal (the rise seems to be a little too low still...)
4. WM9 1pc end links (thx RSH)
5. WM9 hollow center links (thx RSH)
6. Sean clasp (thx RSH - the best rep clasp i've ever seen)
7. PBdad dial + hands relume
8. PBdad modded crown guards
9. Swiss Selita SW200 powerhouse

* I used Genuine Omega springbars to hold the bracelet to the case. Its all intact nice and tight with zero play. I had to get some Omega branding in there somehow! lol

And on with some quick photos...Let me know what you guys think :)

sub1a.jpg

sub2f.jpg

sub3b.jpg

sub4tg.jpg

sub5m.jpg

sub6s.jpg

sub7u.jpg

sub8j.jpg

sub9s.jpg

sub10.jpg

sub11f.jpg

sub12.jpg

sub13b.jpg

sub14.jpg

sub15.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Looks very nice indeed mate, nice to see you over in the Rolex section for a change ;)

rols16610

20/4/12
That looks amazing Om3ga, very impressive, one of the coolest 16610's I have seen so far :)

:cheers:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
So you are up yo rollies now? Hmmm, i really cant tell the differences but this is looking really nice!!!

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Pap, believe it or not there is life beyond Omega :)

Wait until my AP Diver V3 comes in (this week fingers crossed)

If I could do anything differently with my sub I would go with the gen AR cyclops crystal and perhaps a TC case. I've never seen the cg's on a TC in really life but they seem pretty darn good. I'm also curious about TCs V2 dw in comparison to BKs...

looks gen to me.
How much did it cost you so far?

The full build as seen in the photos ran me approx $975.00cdn all in. The damn PO still cost me more lol

woof*

Renowned Member
25/12/10
Very cool 16610 Omega!
TC's cg's are even better in real life btw.
Your guts can be swapped over to the TC case. The 2836 isn't the best stem angle as TC are designed for 2824... but it works as several have done it.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Yeah I guess part of me isn't going through with the swap because this is currently a BK TW base and going to a TC case would completely change it to a TC piece.

Nothing against TC, I will eventually obtain one of his remarkable pieces. I just support BK. He's a veteran here and has always treated me well. I like keeping his stamp on my Sub.

rols16610

20/4/12
The full build as seen in the photos ran me approx $975.00cdn all in. The damn PO still cost me more lol

That's not bad considering the parts you have in there with the gen insert, crystal, crown and tube.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
That's not bad considering the parts you have in there with the gen insert, crystal, crown and tube.

Your absolutely right. A Sub @ this level of modifications will usually run +$1100.00. I received very reasonable pricing on this build.

woof*

Renowned Member
25/12/10
I understand completly! Bk has always been a standup guy and always generous with his info and time. I support him too. I was leery of TC when he first appeared, I communicated with him for over a month before I decided to use his products, and he's turned out a good guy too. I'm sure Bk will surprize us with something soon :) it would be really nice if Bk somehow sourced his famous transformer noob Gmt again!

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
wow that thing is perfect!

where did you get the insert and crystal from at those prices if you dont mind me asking?!

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
wow that thing is perfect!

where did you get the insert and crystal from at those prices if you dont mind me asking?!

With the TW sub @ the price it is "in used rep sales" + the gen inserts, crystals and crowns under "used rep parts" anyone can really build a $1k Sub like this. Its all about the $$$ for install and modding :)

Looks very nice indeed mate, nice to see you over in the Rolex section for a change ;)

Thx Bonesey :)

Looks super nice--wear it well

Thx waterluver :)

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Yeah I guess part of me isn't going through with the swap because this is currently a BK TW base and going to a TC case would completely change it to a TC piece.

Nothing against TC, I will eventually obtain one of his remarkable pieces. I just support BK. He's a veteran here and has always treated me well. I like keeping his stamp on my Sub.

AWESOME !!! Congrats.
I've always been a BK Fan.. BK IS THE MAN and a Franken BK TW is nothing short of awesome but with all the initial hype over the TC v4 and in being a 16610 I had to try the TC. They're BOTH awesome. And yours looks supurb. Wear it in good health. :)