• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who wants to mess with a craigslist scammer?

Richierich

10/6/11
I contacted this guy "Chris" about his PAM127 he had listed on craigslist for $6000. The original ad said it had been in his family for 22 years (I know, huh?) And that there was very little room to go lower. He sent me an email back saying that he was in San Diego and that I would have to come down there to see it (although it was listed in the Los Angeles CL and not San Diegos). I told him I'd have to think about it. He then called me back and said that he would be in Beverly Hills in 2 days and that he would meet me at the Panerai boutique. I said cool, he said he's call me when he got into town and all was good.

At this point I was thinking that there was still an outside chance it was gen. I called him back and told him I'd best any other offers he got by $1000 IF it checked out as gen. He acted surprised and said OK and that it was mine, not to worry.

Now the time has come. I'm waiting for the call and he calls. He tells me that he sold It to his brother for $10000. At this point I'm disappointed but over it. I seriously doubt that it was gen anyway but whatever.

Fast forward 2 Weeks and guess what the **** is relisted???
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/jwl/3159916269.html

Now for the extra dumbass part. His name (at least what his email says his name is) is the name of a person listed as the "president" of a jewelry store in town. This guy :/

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
I'd never give $6,000 to anyone who hasn't heard of punctuation marks.