• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Datejust obsession has just begun......

Prosperity888

15/3/12
My first ever rep was a DJ, got it as a gift while I was still a young boy. Bad rep, but a decent movement, strong workhorse, a Miyota 21J. I've always shun away from DJs as they were always worn by the older gentlemen/tycoons back at home. Which made me grown to a liking for Subs.

BUT! This forum is just poison! Thank God for it, I've paid attention to the DJs, especially the DJ II and damn, I'm hooked! Waiting for the next pay check and hopefully I'll be getting one!

TS, your black face DJ looks awesome! Wear it with good health and good wealth! :D

jyyj87

Horology Curious
7/7/12
My first ever rep was a DJ, got it as a gift while I was still a young boy. Bad rep, but a decent movement, strong workhorse, a Miyota 21J. I've always shun away from DJs as they were always worn by the older gentlemen/tycoons back at home. Which made me grown to a liking for Subs.

BUT! This forum is just poison! Thank God for it, I've paid attention to the DJs, especially the DJ II and damn, I'm hooked! Waiting for the next pay check and hopefully I'll be getting one!

TS, your black face DJ looks awesome! Wear it with good health and good wealth! :D

go ahead and get one! i just ordered one from Trevor.. can't wait for it to arrive

mikeyp

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/11
Like it with gold and champaign dial
f8cc26e520fb.jpg

That looks suspiciously like the one I sold you and now seriously wish I hasn't :-(((

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

fleadepot

24/7/10
Hampshire
Some awesome DJ here guys. Really like the new noobfactory offerings from TDs. Frankenjusts 16000 series are alos awesome in my opinion. Here is my radolex DJ (Rado eta 2836, clarcks hands, dw overlay + GEN rest of bits) :

wZR9E.jpg

mikeyp

Banned
20/3/11
Love them all, but a DJII just screams rep when it's on a jubilee.

That's of course if your a watch geek and you know that the DJ2 only comes on oyster

To the rest of the 99% of the population including a vast number of Rolex wearers they neither know or give a shit

jimmy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/06
True, if I get called out I always tell the truth, my friends
know I have 2 gens and just love collecting watches, from
cheap timex, to Spinmaster Daytona to Gen TT Sub blue
face. The jubilee is so cool!! I love the hidden clasp!!!

I just picked this up!!! One of my fav's!!!

3a4acbd8.jpg

jyyj87

Horology Curious
7/7/12
Haha! Actually I really would! However I'm torn between a PAM and a DJ II. May I know which did you purchase from Trevor?

this one.. but mine has a different bracelet.. im getting one with the oyster bracelet.. the pic u see has a Jubilee bracelet (if im not wrong)

20120722_194345.jpg

Rolex Datejust II 41mm with fluted bezel black dial with white stick markers. :)

i'm in love

i would pick this over any PAM... hahahaha

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Got mine from Correctime today. It definitely shiny. I love the blue sunburst dial. I've got a few things I want to do to it. Glad to be part of he club. Here's my new 116334B DJII

And just in time for the Olympics in the UK - Cheers!

rols16610

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/4/12
That blue dial one looks excellent.

+1 on your choice of Olympic beverage :)

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Got mine from Correctime today. It definitely shiny. I love the blue sunburst dial. I've got a few things I want to do to it. Glad to be part of he club. Here's my new 116334B DJII

Nice choice Rick. The fluted bezel just sparkles out in the sunshine and it looks good on the oyster too. The sunburst dial must really make yours scream "LOOK AT ME".

This thread has really grown legs and is fast becoming a group collective. All beautiful examples guys and for anyone considering buying into a Datejust or Daydate it would be a good place to start for ideas. So many bracelet, bezel, colouring options make it an extremely versatile watch. Heck I think I have already ideas for my next few rep purchases.

Keep them wristies coming!

Prosperity888

15/3/12
That's of course if your a watch geek and you know that the DJ2 only comes on oyster

To the rest of the 99% of the population including a vast number of Rolex wearers they neither know or give a shit

Thanks for the information. So it's true that all DJ2 comes with the oyster and none of them are jubilees.

Didn't like the jubilees previously, but I'd wish they come with it now. It's damn elegant.

And just in time for the Olympics in the UK - Cheers!

Wow Rick, the combination of the blue sunburst on a dj would never come in my mind or imagination before! It is so beautiful and unique! Thanks for the photos! Wonderful. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
I said I would give you all a brief outline of the major differences between my two DJ II's. For reference my black one is reported to have been noob, whilst the origins of the white one are unknown.

Before continuing, i would like to make it clear that I am not comparing either of these offerings directly to the gen. I'm afraid my knowledge is not good enough. Perhaps people can provide comment on the differences further in this thread. Also my pics are always taken using my phone so apologies for poor shots..........

Firstly side by side face-on
20120728_184008.jpg

The black measures 41mm across the bezel, and the white is 40mm. The white is also 1mm shorter in length from lug tip to lug tip.

Side by Side reverse
20120728_185807.jpg

White one on right does not have any engravings on the lugs. Also the bracelet width at the Role emblem is 1mm narrower than the black.

Rolex emblems on bracelet
White first
20120728_185831.jpg

Black
20120728_185842.jpg

Crown
White first with 2 dots under the emblem
20120728_184544.jpg

Black with underscore
20120728_184418.jpg

Bezel teeth
White first which has longer fluting and more fluting
20120728_184706.jpg

Black has shorter and wider fluting
20120728_184716.jpg

Dial detail
White first. Rolex emblem is smaller and the font is blurred slightly
20120728_184931.jpg

Black. Larger emblem and crisper font.
20120728_184857.jpg

LEC
White is sharper
20120728_185627.jpg

Black
20120728_185620.jpg

Bracelet engraving
White first. Logo is etched rather than engraved
20120728_190030.jpg

20120728_190102.jpg

Black is nicely engraved
20120728_190257.jpg

20120728_190210.jpg

All in all, I think you will agree the black noob is a nicer rep. Although interestingly the lume on the white one is better than the black.

Hope this info will help you guys identify the "right" version from qc photos when buying from dealers.

sardonix

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/10
Great compare shots Colin, for people to see differences.
Got a light tent today took some shots, they are not great but maybe also nice for people to see what is quality of TD's
Black one is from Trusty, champaign from Time shop noob according to seller.

UvALw.jpg

xm1Ap.jpg

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Beautiful pics Sardonix. That light tent really works!

Looks like the fluting on your Trusty black dial is the same as my white dial, which was also purchased from Trusty btw. I'll bet the casing doesn't have the engravings on the rear of the lugs.

As for the champagne dial noob, it is class!

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Nice choice Rick. The fluted bezel just sparkles out in the sunshine and it looks good on the oyster too. The sunburst dial must really make yours scream "LOOK AT ME".

This thread has really grown legs and is fast becoming a group collective. All beautiful examples guys and for anyone considering buying into a Datejust or Daydate it would be a good place to start for ideas. So many bracelet, bezel, colouring options make it an extremely versatile watch. Heck I think I have already ideas for my next few rep purchases.

Keep them wristies coming!
AWESOME Rick.
And yes...the Fluted bezel and polished case and mid-links paired with that blue SB dial DOES scream..."LOOK AT ME"....
Simply a Beautiful watch but much too "bling bling" for me.

Wilazn

Renowned Member
21/12/11
so form all info i gathered from these posts i should buy the noob version on timeshops site? I really like the champagne TT with jubilee.