• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam v1 vs v2 vs v2.5 vs 3?

jalcas

Horology Curious
2/5/12
Yeah, with all the changes it is very confusing. Anyway, here's my attempt at the 111n's history...

v1
'N' caseback

v2
Right-angled cut-outs on CG

v2.5
Engraved serial number, formerly just etched

v3
Changed to pre-V hands
Visible rollerball pin

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

wobbler

Known Member
8/7/09
If I were you I would just keep the DSN - I bet it basically is still a great watch. it's a never ending cycle of improvements...there will always be the next better version, you can't keep trading for the latest one...if it were me I'd rather use that money and expand my collection and get some different models.

I've tried that mate, I have a very nice DSN 360 and a 359 in immaculate condition but only seem to wear the 111, it's like we were made for each other!! :wub:

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Yeah, with all the changes it is very confusing. Anyway, here's my attempt at the 111n's history...

v1
'N' caseback

v2
Right-angled cut-outs on CG

v2.5
Engraved serial number, formerly just etched

v3
Changed to pre-V hands
Visible rollerball pin

Nice attempt! but as ale pointed out there was some mixing and matching....

For example what would you call this one?

photo2-4.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo1-4.jpg

jalcas

Horology Curious
2/5/12
Nice attempt! but as ale pointed out there was some mixing and matching....

For example what would you call this one?

photo2-4.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo1-4.jpg

Yes, you and Ale are right about the mixing. I dont know if TDs modify their stock or the factory is inconsistent.

For what its worth my list is based on Puretime's website. I have what i classified as a v2.5.

As for your pic its seems to be a v3 but with an old CG.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
As for your pic its seems to be a v3 but with an old CG.

yeah right, I know! lol... I bought another counguard from toro, now, I'm a 2.5? lol

It was sold to me as a "v2 with old crownguard".....

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Dear friends
I think that even Toro doesn't know what are its versions!! And he is affraid of having claims if he says the list of improvements of its versions.
I have sent to Toro two e-mails asking him about its versions and improvements, I have asked him another time for a reply and unfortunately I have no reply from him.
I think this matter is really very confused and we will must assume that there are a lot of N-series without all improvements applied.
I hope (we all hope) V3 will be with all improvemets.
But, How will we all know the watch is actually a V3 ??? LOL
We are being victims of our own best quality "voracity"
There will be a lot of future problems to sell or change a PAM 111 N-series from Noob!!!
It will be a version war !! LOL
Is beautiful our Hobby ?? Of course, YES !!! Exciting, Fascinating ....

ALE

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
If you think THIS is complicated...>>

Just go back maybe 5 years, and try to make any sense of the UPO fiasco!!
There have been so many different versions, often repeating the designations every few years, that it would drive a sane person crazy!...
And if that's not screwey enough...They come in 2 sizes!!!:picard::picard:

Here'[s a post from almost SIX years ago!!!:
http://www.rwg.cc/topic/12207-so-which-generation-po-are-we-on-now/
:snort::snort:

corv99

2/7/11
interesting thread this!
I'm also considering the 2.5 version, didn't realise there was a 3 until seeing this!!

Man.... it is worse then the Iphone

as everyone says, think if you got a 2.5 or 3 and it was old stock with out upgrades, you would be pssd off!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
does anyone have the v3 instock? :p

Oh! My friend we don't know yet what is an V3!!
LOL

I have tried to have an answer about what are V2, V2.5, V3 from TORO, but I have not yet reply.
He has answered to my (by e-mail) that he doesn't understand what I'm talking about !!! (??)
I will e-mail him today again explaining the matter.
But I think we will not have a concrete reply.

ALE

thran

9/7/12
Oh! My friend we don't know yet what is an V3!!
LOL

I have tried to have an answer about what are V2, V2.5, V3 from TORO, but I have not yet reply.
He has answered to my (by e-mail) that he doesn't understand what I'm talking about !!! (??)
I will e-mail him today again explaining the matter.
But I think we will not have a concrete reply.

ALE

Man, sounds like a waiting game to see what this so called V3 encompasses in changes from the v2.5 or I should say v2.5 hybrids with all the mismatched parts

I want to get a Pam 111 too

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Man, sounds like a waiting game to see what this so called V3 encompasses in changes from the v2.5 or I should say v2.5 hybrids with all the mismatched parts

I want to get a Pam 111 too

Actually, we all hope that the version V3 will be the version with all improvements included, of PAM 111 N-series form Noob. As follows:

- CG with square edges
- One side AR
- "A" bar placed in correct position
- "vintage" hands type
- Serial numbers depply engraved in caseback..etc.

This is the coirrect way. But talking about this watch and its versions. Who knows???

ALE

thran

9/7/12
Actually, we all hope that the version V3 will be the version with all improvements included, of PAM 111 N-series form Noob. As follows:

- CG with square edges
- One side AR
- "A" bar placed in correct position
- "vintage" hands type
- Serial numbers depply engraved in caseback..etc.

This is the coirrect way. But talking about this watch and its versions. Who knows???

ALE

I would hope so... i sent trevor a email and got this:

The crown place is better than V.25
Thanks

Hm... i wonder... but he said that he will be getting them in a couple of days

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
The factory has made incremental changes as new batches have come out
Certain dealers have invented v2, v2.5, v3 etc...
You will drive yourself crazy trying to define something that was never defined
It is the same watches that has experienced a series of small improvements over time not really different v for each improvement
All of the small improvements are mentioned in this thread

It also appears there are either old stock cg's floating around trying to be reused on new watches rather than discarded or there are some new cg's that are not cut as sharply leaving them slightly rounder on the interior than others

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
It sounds to me like noob is using multiple suppliers to meet demand. N-factoryvis more of an assembly team than a factory in a traditional sense. There suppliers may not be able to all fillvthe volume needed. The company that makes the case back may only be able to supply 800 a month, but they can get 2000 cases and 1200 crystals. The weakest link in the supply chain limits the ability to produce. To keep the watches flowing they need secondary suppliers and they have hundreds of parts from earlier runs to burn off.

Some of the new watches will have parts incorporating improvements. Others won't. Just check your qc pictures. They should all be good, with some being better than others. The TDs can't give you a change list because there isn't one. This isn't like Apple or Google giving us a list of all the updates to the latest and greatest operating system. It would be nice if it were thayvorganizes, but--oh yeah--these are illegal operations...even in China.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I agree almost completely with Roger and set.

This is the matter that I wanted to uncover participating in this thread !!
I have tried to have an answer from some Dealer about the improvements in the "versions" created by them.
And we have not got any reply.
This is the matter, and we have a lot of replica types with a mix of improvements and a lot of "versions"

As I say always about this subject.

The war of PAM111 N Noob versions is just starting !!

ALE

bowers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/12
hello, if i get v1, what will i be missing considering v2 and new coming v3 ?

should i wait for v3 or just go with v1?

thank you