• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mechanical parts to make A7750 appear to be an ETA 7750

Sethgun

Known Member
11/6/12
I found this thread which I found interesting and will be doing soon; adding a regulator to an a7750:

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/102031-adding-a-regulator-to-the-a7750-28800/

Apart from that, are there any parts 'appearance wise' on an ETA 7750 (or at least the viewable parts on a watch with clear backing) like ETA etching etc. (not sure of the actual part names) From that link, there is a website where you can order pretty much ANY official part at a reasonable price.

Cheers guys

goonx

Known Member
18/4/12
great mod thread but.. honestly if i was going to do all that work.. i would just get a legit ETA and do a swap. More reliable in the long run.

Sethgun

Known Member
11/6/12
yeah thats true, this is more for the sake of keeping appearances up. I got no idea what an ETA would cost but I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap.

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
you'd have to have some serious engraving skills or buy the main plate and a bridge or two at least.. Doesn't seem worth doing, can't think of a legitimate purpose for it either.

jcrry2

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/09
Yeah thats a lot of work to appear gen.

dont all the new a7750s have regulators?

I remember seeing this thread before here at RWI

Sethgun

Known Member
11/6/12
yeh I'm pretty sure they all do, the one I'm getting isnt the newer version

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Superglue, the man is suggesting you use superglue inside a watch . . .

NEVER use an ACC (superglue) type adhesive for watchmaking!

Why? Apart from the fact it creeps really well and can easily get where you don't want it have you ever watched CSI? Seen the fume cabinet they use in the lab to get prints off difficult surfaces? Guess what they use in there, yep, superglue! The stuff fumes and continues to do so for an extended period of time and those fumes will bond with the oils that keep your watch running. The result is a buggered MVT. Honestly, the man should know better.

Sethgun

Known Member
11/6/12
I reckon u go for a spot on CSI as a support actor ;) You're right, didn't think of that aspect. All he's basically done is ground down one side of the regulator arrow thingie, then superglued it to the movement. Gotta admit, when I saw loctite super glue as part of the process, I thought sh3T someone is gonna glue something together unintentionally.

Hey, does an ETA 7750 have ETA engraved and/or not other details? Know what the part is called?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yes, it has the ETA crest on the baseplate same as all ETA MVTs, just below the balance wheel. The bridge engraving varies depending on the watch it's in as does the shape of the bridges a lot of the time.

Superglue is death to a watch, there is no way I'd get it anywhere near even a cheapie of my own let alone someone else's. There are plenty of epoxy adhesives that will do the job as long as time is given to cure before sealing up.